Motivate Me Please!

Options
Hey guys. Well here I am, 120lbs, the highest I've ever been. I'm 5'3 btw. Just totally miserable and SICK of being tubby. I need motivation, I can't seem to just stick to eating healthy. I always just think "Oh, I'll have some chocolate, it'll be fine" then I think, well f**ck it, I'll eat EVERYTHING. Anyone have any tips for keeping motivation high, or have any success stories for me?

Replies

• skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 128 was my highest :(

Just think of how good you'll look, that does it for me.
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    Hey! I know where you are coming from. I'm about your height (I'm 5'2) and I was weighing in at around 120ish at the beginning of the year. What worked for me was to take things week by week. Sure you are going to have a couple of bad breaks here and there, but you want to be healthy the majority of the time.

The important thing to remember is to stay active! The weather is getting nice so why not go for a jog or go for a hike?

In regards to diet, make sure you eat lots of vegetables and lean meats. It's okay to have a treat here and there, you just have to portion control it. I still eat chocolate, but just a few pieces instead of a whole bar.

I hope you find the motivation to keep going! Don't give up!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Yep after 18 it just goes all downhill from there...Tubby? Come on now watch your words. Here is a trick that works to lose weight when you are about to eat everything. Drink a glass of water and go for a walk. come back and see how much calories you burned. now check outt he food you were going to eat and see how much calories it will be to match what you just burned and eat it or better yet dont and enjoy the fake that you are going to most likely be a little bit lighter in a few days.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just wanted to add some info in here. For 5'3", anywhere from say 105 all the way up to 140 lbs is considered healthy in the BMI scale. I understand that you are at your highest weight and that must be difficult to adjust to, but please consider the fact that even at your highest you are still well within a very healthy range. If you'd like to shape up a little more and enjoy the way you feel and look then I totally support that. However I can't give you much support or helpful advice if you'd like to see the numbers get smaller and drop into dangerous 'unhealthy' lower weights.

In no way am I in charge of your decisions, I'd just like to steer you away from the unhealthier ones.

You can use this website to watch your food intake so as not to gain more, and to gain motivation to get some strength training and cardio in to burn off some fat and build up some hot lean muscle.

Good luck to you and I hope you can find acceptance for yourself soon, you are healthy and beautiful and you deserve to love yourself. :happy:
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2, was 125lbs when I started MFP, today I weighed in at 113lbs! My GW is 110, I am SO close! You can do it! I did it by doing p90x doubles and trying to eat as healthy as I can. This past month I cut out beer also which I saw a big difference in my abdomen after that. The hard work pays off! Friend me if you want to!
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2, was 125lbs when I started MFP, today I weighed in at 113lbs! My GW is 110, I am SO close! You can do it! I did it by doing p90x doubles and trying to eat as healthy as I can. This past month I cut out beer also which I saw a big difference in my abdomen after that. The hard work pays off! Friend me if you want to!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You have to learn to motivate YOURSELF or else you will never progress...
  • louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    Just keep logging what you eat, get as much exercise as you can fit in and drink loads of water. I find the more chances I get to log on to mfp the more motivated I am, I read the success stories and look at the pics and that usually keeps me from stuffing my face!! Why not give yourself a small 2 week challenge to start with? Maybe doing an exercise routine of your choice everyday, weigh and measure before you begin then when you have finished. Two weeks is long enough to see an improvement that might motivate you to do it again and again. Good luck with your journey whether it's 10 or 100 pounds to lose - it's a tough task at times!!
  • alirpd
    alirpd Posts: 3
    Options
    You have to learn to motivate YOURSELF or else you will never progress...

Or you have to learn how not to wait for 'motivation' but to just get on with exercise and making the right food choices regardless.
  • catrinpersephone
    Options
    Thank you everyone. This really cheered me up from earlier today when I posted this, I was very down. You're all so kind, thank you again for taking the time to post here <3