Stretch marks

Options
So I've got some stretch marks on my arms and stomach I am on my weight loss journey at the moment . What I want to know is did anyone's stretch marks look better after they lost weight or did they look worst ?

Thank you

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Oh my friend, you aren't going to like the answer to this one. They don't get better. BUT you can tone and get yourself to a point where you are happy with what you see, regardless of those stretch marks. But between us, this is the very thing to wrap your head around now, when you're still young...xo
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are part of the package, I'm afraid! But be proud of them! These are your battle scars! :)

I've noticed more stretch marks now - being smaller - than when I was bigger. My stretch marks are mainly around my thighs and at the side of my stomach but I know it's totally normal and I'm totally healthy now! I look at these and see how far my body has 'shrunk' and it makes me feel a whole lot better about them. I'd rather be smaller, with my stripes than overweight and struggling with movement. You look fantastic anyway!
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about them.
    I've had stretchmarks on my bum since about the age of 14/15...and i'm almost 50 now! Lol
    Even when i've been really slim, they're still there.
    They're just something i've learned to accept.
    Pregnant women who get stretchmarks swear by "Bio oil". http://www.boots.com/en/Bio-Oil-200ml-for-scars-stretch-marks-and-dehydrated-skin_51248/
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    They can fade over time, but they never go away.
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    They will fade, but they are a part of you now, just like freckles or a mole. It wasn't till I lost quite a bit of weight that I found out that each of my pregnancies REALLY did a number on my lower stomach. I knew there were strechmarks there, but holy cow, my lower tummy will never fully recover. I have strech marks allll over my body from puberty. It is what it is. I can not go back and change these, so I grudgingly accept them. My husband calls the ones on my belly my battle scars.