lifestyle change (with pictures)

Options
andyajc2015
andyajc2015 Posts: 22 Member
edited September 2015 in Success Stories
As an overweight 52 year old truck driver doing next to no exercise My Fitness Pal and Map my walk have really helped me make a positive lifestyle change

Have to date (September 2015) lost 56 lb since starting January 2015.
My Fitness Pal has educated me over calorie intake and with the bar code scanning highlighted snack foods to avoid !! Never realised sausage rolls contained so many calories !! My old fav snack ! Not any more ...

Map my walk has really helped. I never use to walk anywhere !
Started gently with 30-35 min walks three times a week . Now I really enjoy walking and do at least 3 - 4 miles a day with longer planned walks at weekends. Logged walks on map my walk and have covered over 800 miles this year !!

Determined to keep it up , really enjoy walking now . Portion sizes was one of the best things to address , would encourage investing in kitchen food scales and following the recommended amount given when bar code scanned with My Fitness Pal .

If I can do this ..you can too

Replies

• scampbell455
    scampbell455 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Congrats on your success!
  • healthsolutions4you
    Options
    Great job! Thank you for your testimony.
  • deancoles000
    deancoles000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Gosh! What a good difference :-)
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Great work! Such a different outlook (and face!) :)
  • MarietjieHoward
    MarietjieHoward Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Great work - I always thought driving for a living would pose difficult challenges in fitting in exercise and finding healthy choices on the vote. I'm sure it makes the victory sweeter!
  • Bud_
    Bud_ Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Super job Andy - Well done B)

• tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Andy
  • rmbourne
    rmbourne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! Congratulations on your amazing progress, not just in losing weight but in creating a healthy lifestyle for yourself! Keep up the fabulous work, you're an inspiration!
  • andyajc2015
    andyajc2015 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thanks all for your comments , we all need to support and encourage each other . Its about changing your mind set , be positive and stay on track ! see my before picture is not a very good selfi !! and don't seem to be able to change the size of picture , have attached a better before one ,taken last Christmas 2014

tzbfw7c8ntpl.jpg

xyd68tfeqa1x.jpg

the second one was taken at the start of September 2015 this year
  • ajgordo150
    ajgordo150 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!