Oh Yeah - Almond Fudge and Chocolate Caramel
    Premier Protein - Chocolate Peanut Butter and Mint Chocolate
    Quest - Cookies and Cream and Double Chocolate Chunk
    Zone - Fudge Graham and Chocolate Peanut Butter
    Kashi - Chocolate and Sea Salt
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I make my own but if I'm needing something and I'm stuck for options then I'll grab a quest or kind bar.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I tried a Quest bar once and found it disgusting, although I've heard some flavors are better than others, so I may have to try another flavor some time. I'm also on a budget, and Quest bars are way too expensive for me.
    I eat a protein bar as a snack almost every day, so I don't need as huge a protein kick as I would if I was using it as a meal replacement. I'm also a picky eater, and don't like any nuts (although I love peanut butter), so that makes it difficult as well. I try to find something for about 200 calories or less, with 12g or more of protein. This fits into my macros just fine. My favorites are:
    Luna Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
    Think Thin Brownie Crunch
    Zone Perfect Double Dark Chocolate

I also buy individual bars at the grocery store once in a while, just to try out different kinds. Haven't found any that I like as much as the above, though.
  • PieAndLattes
    PieAndLattes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Tried a new one last week and loved it ~ Oatmega Dark Chocolate and PB. 190 kcal for 14g protein. I also bought a mint chocolate one. Haven't tried it yet, but if it's as
  • PieAndLattes
    PieAndLattes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Tried a new one last week and loved it ~ Oatmega Dark Chocolate and PB. 190 kcal for 14g protein. I also bought a mint chocolate one. Haven't tried it yet, but if it's as good as the other one, I'll definitely be a repeat customer.
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Luna - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - under $1 each by the box - 190 calories, 12g protein, 6fat, 12 carbs , 3g fiber
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I tried the think thin bars and they gave me horrendous gas. Yes, TMI. Same with Quest. I'm thinking it's the artificial sweeteners, but I do use sweetnlow in my coffee every morning without issue. So far, the only kind that don't mess with my intestines are the Kind bars. I really like the dark chocolate cherry cashew kind. But they have a ridiculous amount of honey in them and not that much protein. I think it was 9g.
  • mmteixeira
    mmteixeira Posts: 118 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Larabars - Chocolate Cherry Torte, Blueberry Muffin, Apple Pie, Banana Bread

I recognize all the ingredients (Banana Bread is almonds, dates and unsweetened bananas) and they come in around 200 calories for 4g-6g of protein - I usually eat them while walking on the golf course...

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    mmteixeira wrote: »

I recognize all the ingredients (Banana Bread is almonds, dates and unsweetened bananas) and they come in around 200 calories for 4g-6g of protein - I usually eat them while walking on the golf course...

4-6 grams of protein for 200 calories? ay ay ay
  • mmteixeira
    mmteixeira Posts: 118 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    mmteixeira wrote: »

4-6 grams of protein for 200 calories? ay ay ay

I actually never thought about it that way until you mentioned it - I like the flavors and the all natural ingredients - but I guess it is low on the protein count... I stand corrected about Larabars being a protein bar...

:: ignore the man in the Larabar wrapper and continue your discussion ::

• Mal88fan
    Mal88fan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars are my favorite & lots of flavors