How many calories at each meal?

Options
I have a question. Hopefully someone has the answer. If
I'm supposed to eat 1570 calories a day to lose weight. How many calories should I eat at each meal? What percentages of my daily calorie intake?

Replies

• echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you. Everyone will have a different answer for this.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Whatever makes you happy.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    It really is more of a personal preference thing. Do what works best for you.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Totally up to you! There is no right or wrong answer :)

I've noticed I naturally end up having around 300 for breakfast, 400 for lunch, 700 for dinner and the rest on the milk in my coffee! Of course this varies from day to day! Sometimes I like big lunches!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want - as long as you stay at a calorie deficit doesn't matter when you eat those calories.
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Personally I am not a breakfast person, so a granola bar works well for me. I do 140 to 200 for breakfast, around 300 to 400 for lunch, then have a small snack in the afternoon and the rest for dinner. This is what has worked well for me. The majority of my calories are consumed at dinner since that is the shared family meal, but the other 2 I can plan out easier cause it is just me that I have to worry about feeding.
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Whatever suits you! I have the same calories target, 1570. I have about 400 at breakfast, 450 at lunch and 600 at dinner. The rest are free for any snacks I wish.
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Some days I have a larger breakfast, other days I have a larger lunch but I try to make those two meals about 1200-1250 calories total. Throw in a 500-600 calorie dinner, 250 calories worth of nighttime snacks, and 30 minutes on the exercise bike (now three days a week) and I'm running about a 250 calorie daily deficit. I've got about six pounds to go, so I'm in the 0.5 lb/week losing range at the moment.
  • hartm380
    hartm380 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who replied! It really helped!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    hartm380 wrote: »
    I have a question. Hopefully someone has the answer. If
    I'm supposed to eat 1570 calories a day to lose weight. How many calories should I eat at each meal? What percentages of my daily calorie intake?

Yeah, whatever works. For me, most days I eat a majority of my calories early in the day and have light dinners. Just helps me sleep better.

But some days, I eat super light for breakfast, and then chow all my calories for lunch. That keeps me full for the rest of the day anyway.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Whatever they work out to be. Try pre-logging your days, so you can see where you're at.
  • whatshewants
    whatshewants Posts: 30 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    This highly depends on personal preference but I also had this question with my own plan since I was having trouble getting through my workouts on some days. I found it worked out well if I took my total calorie requirement and divided it by the number of meals that I have that it worked well. By no means do I follow this religiously but it's a loose guideline that has worked out for me. In my case, that was 1370/4. I tend to do light breakfast, medium lunch, light dinner, plus snacks in the middle of the day. I usually pack breakfast, lunch and snack/s for work the night before so that's how I planned it out.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    What? No. I don't have the answer. Whatever you want.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I do 200-300 for breakfast, 400-500 lunch & 700 dinner, not that i stick to it but dinner is my main meal so I always allow for more calories at night.