Me? Run?!?!

Options
amanda_mh
amanda_mh Posts: 16 Member
I started my weight loss journey about a year ago, but really kicked it in the butt with exercising in January. Since then I have lost only about 13 pounds, but I've gone down nearly 2 full pants sizes and have lost about 20 inches over my body. I knew this was an accomplishment, but it didn't beat when I went to the gym the other day and cranked out a 5k on the treadmill. When I started my kickboxing exercise program in January, I couldn't run further than .10 of a mile without sucking wind, and I almost passed out during my first kickboxing class---and it was only the warmup. I ran almost 3/4 of a mile without slowing to a walk and I finished a 5k treadmill run. It took me 45 minutes, but i still did it. Huuuge accomplishment for the girl who couldn't even run down the block.

Replies

• hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • GGMarie1501
    Options
    Awesomeness!! You go girl!!
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well done, that is a wonderful achievement.
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • SassieSarah
    Options
    Well done!!! Imagine how many k's you'll be able to run in 6 month time.....;) Running is liberating....
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    What a relief!! I'm only starting my C25K programme and I've also started the 30 day Shred. Oh My God - I'm wrecked. I was wondering if I had something physically wrong with me.. I am totally puffed by the time I've completed W1D1 / 2 / 3 on C25k. So I'm doing week 1 again, cause I just couldn't boost it a level.. I'd have a heart attack.

This post has given me such relief.. I'm not the most unfit person - other people find it hard too..!!! If it takes me a year I don't care - as long as I know I can get there.. I was starting to think I just couldn't do it..

Congrats on all your losses!!! You are looking seriously hot!!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Very nice accomplishment!!! :)
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!! This is my goal also! I want to be able to run!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! AMAZING! Great work. Also a goal of mine, to be able to run a local 5K fundraiser next spring. :)
  • Palache
    Palache Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! That's a huge accomplishment. I know the feeling and it gets better as you start to shorten your time. I also never knew you could enjoy running as much as I do now.

Great work keep it up!!! :happy:
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    That's so cool! Congrats!!
  • laurie_powers
    laurie_powers Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Nice work. I used to think I couldn't run, either...now it's one of my favorite ways of chilling out. :love:
  • marta97
    marta97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    well done you have joined arosemary conley diet class with exersise and have have only lost 1 stone but done 2 dress sizes dilighted with this so exersise work for me too
  • butterfly0475
    butterfly0475 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Very well done! I am a non runner as well and maybe will look into a kickboxing class. Sounds like lots of fun!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! What a sense of accomplishment that you totally deserve. I remember when i finished c25k, I couldn't be more proud of myself. Now, keep it up and you'll be running even longer distances in no time. I went from starting c25k in January last year to running my first half-marathon in October. Keep it up!
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB!!! I did my first 5K in 44 minutes - and that was 2 months ago (and was also a trail 5k) - and I just completed my 3rd 5k, and have brought my time up to 35:35!!!

Keep up the good work!
  • amanda_mh
    amanda_mh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It may not seem like a lot to those that have never struggled with being healthy and fit, but it's a big thing for me. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!