30 Day Shred & initial weight GAIN?

Options
I just started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred yesterday & my scale shows a gain of 4 lbs overnight (literally)!:noway: Is this just my body reacting in shock saying, "What's going on here?" Has anyone else experienced this? Last night I was SO HUNGRY, which isn't usually an issue for me either. Honestly, this isn't making me want to continue the program...:brokenheart:

Replies

• Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i didn't have these affects but don't stop. it may just be your body, everyone is different. It's been like 13 days for me and i have a muscle line in the center of my belly. IT WORKS!
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    It really does work, i'm trying 30DS again as I gave up far too early last time round (only managed to get halfway through level 2). I am determined to continue this time round. Even after only getting half way through I saw brilliant results so stick with it. And ignore the scale - the scale is not really your friend!! Good luck, it'll get easier to x
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    It really does work, i'm trying 30DS again as I gave up far too early last time round (only managed to get halfway through level 2). I am determined to continue this time round. Even after only getting half way through I saw brilliant results so stick with it. And ignore the scale - the scale is not really your friend!! Good luck, it'll get easier to x

I should have explained that it was actually the scale that made me give up. It didn't move but I was still seeing results, this confused me and I got a bit depressed and thought "what's the point!". You may not lose weight with 30DS but you may lose inches, which is just as good. This is what happened with me.
  • anamgrant
    anamgrant Posts: 2
    Options
    When us woman exercise we tend to bloat a little , use to happen to my every time when i use to play soccer. plus if u consumed water it could be water weight or extra muscle as well...we tend to fluctuate a lot of the times....the 4 lbs can turn into -5 tomorrow. I think your just psyching yourself out.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Four pounds in one night isn't weight gain. Your body goes up and down a pound or two, depending on how much water you have in you, etc. The trick to preserve your sanity is to weigh yourself once a week, as you are more likely to get an accurate reading.

Ignore this first measurement, and keep doing the workouts! Good luck!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    ive had loads of inch loss with shred, def keep going it does work:smile:
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    I am on day firve and have not lost any lb's despite eating well. It is most likely your body reacting, esp if you have never excercised before. If that is the case then your muscles hold onto water.... stick with it it is so worth it, my bum is more toned after only 5 workouts...

And yes, I am always STARVING after workouts in the evening or the morning after. From reading previous threads this is normal :)

Good luck x
  • Lisa9037
    Lisa9037 Posts: 5
    Options
    When I started, I showed a gain of 5lbs after the first 3 days, but it has since come off, and then some. Try to stick with it, friends and family keep commenting on the changes in my body, and I'm only on day 12 today.
  • bluebelle00
    Options
    Same problem here. Yesterday was Day 2 for me, and this morning the scale said I was up 5lbs. Based on what others have said, it's normal, and I'm just going to stick it out. A jump like that does make it a little hard not to freak out though!!