The Simpler the Better?

Options
It seems that every time I get on a health/weight kick, I eat more complicated foods, i.e.: make sure I get a protein, vegetable, more ingredients, etc...However, I don't lose weight that way. It seems the less ingredients and the simpler I keep things, the better for me as then I lose weight.
Does that happen to anyone else? I think of how it was when I was younger. I ate simple foods, I was thin.

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    It seems that every time I get on a health/weight kick, I eat more complicated foods, i.e.: make sure I get a protein, vegetable, more ingredients, etc...However, I don't lose weight that way. It seems the less ingredients and the simpler I keep things, the better for me as then I lose weight.
    Does that happen to anyone else? I think of how it was when I was younger. I ate simple foods, I was thin.

If the simpler food had less calories, then they would help you lose weight.
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I find I am eating simple. Can't do a lot of decadent cooking so it's been basically meat, veggies and a small serving of potatoes or rice or pasta. I do love to cook but the more complicated recipes are a pain in the behind to enter into MFP and have a lot of extra calories too.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Simple is good!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Yeah to be healthy there's all these categories of food that are good to consume. Well if you consume enough calories of them as part of your overall diet, they'll contribute to weight gain just like anything else. It's all about the calorie deficit, and I almost feel strange enough saying that I had to dump or cut back on some fruit and veg, the same way that I would any other food. There's a fine line and you just have to keep at it until you find it :)