Water?

Options
How many cups a day do you drink?

What does water do for you? MFP suggests I drink 8 cups a day and after tracking I've realised it's rare if I have any water!

So what are the benefits from drinking water?

:-)

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    have 14 8oz glasses a day, fab for cellulite rid 4 me
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I don't drink anything else, except for a cup of coffee in the morning. I drink at least 8-10 a day.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole
    Like you Inever used to drink much water before starting MFP but now I drink about 6-8 glasses a day. I find that it fills me up in between meals, so I'm not snacking. Also I've got loads more energy and my skin looks 'healthier'.
    Give it a try!
    Jules x
  • MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I never used to drink it at all, now I have 4 pints a day and feel much less tired, my skin is brighter & my wee is odour free and clear!
    If you don't give your body water it will hold onto what it has (water retention) and that adds weight, I lost a lot of weight in my first week of drinking water which I think was mainly the water retention going from my body.
  • nicolephoto
    Options
    Hi Nicole
    Like you Inever used to drink much water before starting MFP but now I drink about 6-8 glasses a day. I find that it fills me up in between meals, so I'm not snacking. Also I've got loads more energy and my skin looks 'healthier'.
    Give it a try!
    Jules x

Good to know the benefits - Going to have my first glass of the day, I usually just drink tea and never really noticed the lack of water in my diet. Aiming for the whole 8 glasses today, seems really simple but i'm sure you'll agree it's quite a change when you're used to having none at all

xx
  • mzprettiekittie
    mzprettiekittie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    As a kid I loved water, then it got to things like cola, then tea and then coffee.

I've noticed now at home I often barely drink the tea or coffee's I make anymore. I've started drinking about 8 sometimes 9 glasses of water a day, and it's much more filling, and hopefully helping myskin, plus it's gotta be better on the teeth.

I do still enjoy a coffee though if Im out, if someone else makes me one, or if im at a costa or starbucks :happy:
  • nicolephoto
    Options
    The benefits sound good to me so far!

I've just got to adjust my ways and for a start I need to almost 'plan' when to have water because usually I don't even drink much - Probably around 4 cups of tea and 1 fizzy drink a day...

Perhaps for a week it will be water all the way so that I feel the difference.

:)