Tough Mudder - Today!

Options
Today's the day! I am running Tough Mudder (London, South) with my husband and two good friends to help get me through it. I have just been told that post-op for a labral tear my right hip is now degenerating (labrum, cartilage + new partial tear) so this is likely to be the last event that I take part in. I will be making the most of it! Will let you all know how I get on when I get back this afternoon. Fingers crossed for good weather!

Becca x

Ps. I'm raising money for cancer research and my aim for the year was to get over £2000. Am currently on just under £1500. If you can help it would be greatly appreciated - and would make all the mud, tear gas and electric shocks worth it!
https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/30in2015

Replies

• stephenlankester581
    Options
    how did you get on with tough mudder? I also did it yesterday and in quite a bit if pain today but had a wicked time.
  • becca1282
    becca1282 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It was amazing - great fun and such a sense of achievement at the end! So much commraderie and team spirit as well. Really really enjoyed it. Except arctic enema. That was horrible. I am a bit bashed and bruised (amongst others, I have a foot print bruise on my shoulder!) But generally feeling pretty awesome about it
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, oh the arctic enema! How I loathe thee! Last year I hated it. This year it wasn't so bad. Our run was high of 62 degrees F so it wasn't too much of an adjustment. Congrats and welcome to the legion!