I"m determined to get "Me" back!

Options
Hi everyone,

This is all very new for me. It all started by my husband buying me a new phone and finding the fitness pal app on it. Who new I would become this determined.

I've been putting all of my food intake in my phone app for about 3 wks now and have lost almost 10 lbs...woo hoo. This is the first time I"m checking out the website, I think I like it:smile:

I just wanted to introduce my self and hopefully make some friends that would make this crazy, but worth it journey just a little more pleasant.

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Getting "me" back was my starting aim too, after 5 years of looking after children, I had rather lost the me part of my identity, and become "Mummy".
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your new journey.
  • apeydawn
    apeydawn Posts: 52
    Options
    Totally understand get "me" back! My youngest is now 18. I have no reasons or excuses. It's time to get my life going!!
  • Minda43077
    Options
    I have 4 kids, two boys, two girls ages 10, 13, 14, 15. They are my life, but at some point I forgot about mine. But it's ok, better late than never.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome to MFP!
    Well done on losing 10lbs so far!
    I've got 2 teenagers and, like you, decided that it's time to get 'me' back again. After all, they don't stay babies for long!
    Add me as a friend if you'd like some support
    Jules
    x
  • maryritt529
    Options
    WELCOME:happy:
  • sbechdel
    sbechdel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Minda and all,

I understand wanting to feel like yourself again. I recently got to my goal using MFP and only to fall off the wagon again this past month after my wedding. I know using this site and the online support of all the members, that you really can obtain your goal. There is always someone online here to help motivate you or keep you from that cookie jar... I just logged back on today to get the support I need to get back to "me" too!

Best,
    Sarah
  • Loz_86
    Loz_86 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thats how it started for me too!
    I am new to this too, but like yourself keen to find the old me!
    Best of luck!
    xx
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on losing 10lbs! I am getting "me" back too! After gaining weight with my first pregnancy, I just stopped caring. 17 years later, its time to find the "me" again!
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    I am the opposite. i found this website because of an article about the apps for the phone. I use the website. It is great. it is one of the easiest I have found to use. I have type 2 diabetes. This website has put me back on track to excercising everyday and trackign my food. I ahve been doing this for about 2 weeks. Feel good but haven't weigh myself. I go to the doctor today. I will see what the outcome is.
  • clermonm
    clermonm Posts: 4
    Options
    Same here! I just signed up in order to finish what I've started 2 years ago.
    For the past 2 years, I've been working on myself, bringing A LOT of changes in my life (work, boyfriend, etc.).
    I went to spend some time at the Miraval in Arizona to find inner balance and basically, to find myself.
    Now, all that is left is loosing that weight and I will have won myself back!
    Best of luck to you all!
    xx
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    I am the opposite. i found this website because of an article about the apps for the phone. I use the website. It is great. it is one of the easiest I have found to use. I have type 2 diabetes. This website has put me back on track to excercising everyday and trackign my food. I ahve been doing this for about 2 weeks. Feel good but haven't weigh myself. I go to the doctor today. I will see what the outcome is.