Zumba on the wii?

Options
Does anybody here use Zumba on the Wii??

I've had it brought as a gift and really want to give it a try, anybody had success with it?

I'd love to go to a zumba class but i'd probably end up falling over my own feet so for now myself and the Wii will do!

Also does anybody have any weight loss stories with other Wii game such as Wii fit or are these type of things considered as a bypass to 'real' excercise?

x

Replies

• onlyJoanna
    onlyJoanna Posts: 20
    Options
    Wii zumba is amazing :)

I tend to do it in 40minute sessions, so I get the feeling like I've worked out, but I haven't embarrassed myself in front of anybody haha.
  • rubianne1979
    Options
    You aren't skipping real exercise with the Wii zumba, you are really sweating when you get done. Not sure how much weight I've lost due to it because I haven't reweighed since I started, but it is very nice to use at home and change up my routine.
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I got my copy of Zumba for Wii last night and I can't wait to give it a try!

Katie
  • mzprettiekittie
    mzprettiekittie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have the same fear of going to a Zumba Class, I feel so un-co-ordinated ...

I have trouble just copying instructor, I don't have this for the wii but i've heard great things about it. I would like it for the 360.
  • Shaysuki926
    Shaysuki926 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Damn ladies, with all those positive reviews, I think I'll go get it today!!
  • edenjoy3
    edenjoy3 Posts: 45
    Options
    I've got zumba on the playstation and perhaps it may be different gamesystems, but I try to use it everyday for 40 min once i'm finished i've sweat a good amount..I feel like I've been to an actual zumba class .I think it's really what you put into it ,is what you get out of it.
  • Moorcroftgirl
    Options
    I am going to try my copy tonight too. I have been going to Zumba classes but thought would give this a go when I can't make class. Does anyone know roughly how many calories you burn doing this? Thanks Sarah
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    SOLD

I am off to buy mine now - should be here tomorrow :D
  • EmVar
    EmVar Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've only just started it so can't tell you if there's any progressive effect yet, but I did have a considerable sweat by the end of my first 20min session on Friday!

As for calories, I logged it as Dancing because I was only doing beginner level and figured I could then log the full-on levels as "high impact aerobics" when I get that far.

If anyone has a more scientific way of recording the cals I'd be very grateful!

x Em
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I play Zumba for the Wii. I do not use it on a regular basis, maybe once or twice a week when my workouts don't seem like enough. I am new to Zumba so I usually stick with the 20 Minute Beginners classes and can burn between 100 - 200 calories! It is a great workout in a short amount of time. I would definitely recommend it, it's a lot of fun and you don't even realize you are working out!
  • nicolephoto
    Options
    Wooo, so many good reviews!

Can't wait to connect up my Wii and have a go!

I had a sneaky go when I got it on Saturday and followed a few 'basic steps' tutorials.

I feel a zumba party coming on! :P
  • nicolephoto
    Options
    Wooo, so many good reviews!

Can't wait to connect up my Wii and have a go!

I had a sneaky go when I got it on Saturday and followed a few 'basic steps' tutorials.

I feel a zumba party coming on! :P
  • crazycranberry
    crazycranberry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zumba for the Wii!!!

I normally do a 45min routine and then tag on a 20min routine just cos I'm in the zone and don't want to stop dancing about!! LOL

As for calories burned.......well I have a HRM and it said that after those 2 workouts that I had burnt about 580kcals!!! RESULT!!!

Its a good giggle and the only thing that niggles me is the belt that you are supposed to wear to hold the Wii remote. I find that after all the arm movements and jumping around, it rides up off my hips and I have to keep re-doing the belt. However I did it the other day in my workout tracksuit bottoms and they have a pocket so I just used that - problem solved!

Would love to chat more with other people that are using this kind of workout so feel free to add me :wink:
  • chcoley
    chcoley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba on the Wii!!! I drip sweat by the time I'm done!
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii, the Zumba "Exhilarate" DVD set, and I take Zumba classes at my gym. I find them all to be decent workouts (lower impact than something like BodyStep or BodyCombat...and FOR ME, a lower calorie burn), but on days I'm doing strength training, they fit the bill and are a whole lot of FUN!!!
  • VeroM1234
    VeroM1234 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Girls!!!!!!

I am a Zumba fan and trust me, I was the exact same way as you girls before...

I was so shy I was the last one, in the last row, and im 5fi1 so I didnt see nothing lol...

Then I realised, ok there's a 65 years old woman in front, bump and grinding and shaking her bum...

I also realised that half the class was going left when needed and others were going right..

What I mean is that , there are no experts in those classes, and if there is some, well they are there to encourage you...
    You don't need to be shy...

There's also all type of size, shape etc...

Please try it, it is TOTALLY worth it, and a lot of fun
  • TruckinThePoundsOff
    Options
    I have Zumba on the Kinects and I use it. Zumba is only offered around here to women at Curves and that is why I bought it. I use it and I love it.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing, since I can't make it to any zumba classes. The only thing that worries me is the belt that you're supposed to use.. I have huge birthing hips. :(
  • luna88
    luna88 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice and tips here!! I am so going to buy zumba for my wii! I love to dance and have always wanted to try zumba but scared to go to a class as well! I'm so going to try this! :)
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing, since I can't make it to any zumba classes. The only thing that worries me is the belt that you're supposed to use.. I have huge birthing hips. :(

No worries at all - if the belt doesn't fit you, you can stick it in your pocket or even in your waistband. Don't let the size of the belt deter you! :-)