NSV ... new clothes from my OWN closet!!

Options
Today is an awesome day!!! First off, let me start by saying I have a section in my closet that is for clothes that I have bought thinking they would fit, but they don't. Most of them are work clothes and are button up type shirts. Well, when I get them home, they don't button all the way up due to the hips/junk in the trunk. Well, this morning, I was looking for something to wear to work when I thought - what the hell, let's just see one of them fits ... AND IT DID!!!! I was bouncing all around the bedroom ... now I have at least 1 new shirt to wear to work. I am excited to try the rest of them on when I get home tonight!!!!

{doing the happy dance ... doing the happy dance}

Replies

• lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Doing the happy dance with you!!! What a great NSV! Congrats!
  • SUSANB37
    SUSANB37 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    What a great way to start the day!! Congrats!
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    That is one of the best feelings during this journey we're all on!!!! Fitting into clothes when we thought we couldnt!!! Congrats on your NSV!!!:flowerforyou: :love:
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    thats great!!! im so glad for you. i have lots of clothes too, that i have saved, hopefully soon :)
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thats awesome! It happened to me to, I had a huge box of skinny clothes in my attic (clothes before I had kids, when I used to spend a TON of money on clothes.....really awesome stuff) I never thought I would wear them again, but I could not bear to part with them....but they now fit! I'm so excited to also have a "new" wardrobe!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    that is awesome...i got to go shopping in my attic for some summer clothes this year...in the bin labeled "save-do not fit" They do now!!! :)
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Excited for you!!!!
  • MsMadmagic
    MsMadmagic Posts: 66
    Options
    :smokin: Awesome. Im so pleased for you. I'm looking forward to when I can do that. Ive got clothes ranging from a UK size 10 - 18 in my wardrobe. Im looking forward to recycling everything that doesnt fit anymore too
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    That's great! It's like shopping for new smaller clothes without having to spend any money! :wink:
  • Shannibal
    Shannibal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Grats!!!
  • sweetheart37
    sweetheart37 Posts: 174
    Options
    way to go awesome job ,were all doing the happy dance with u ...i'm sure the rest u will be happy dances with too :)
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Nothing feels better than skinny other than a clothes that fit surprise!
  • SUCCESSISMINEIN09
    Options
    Congrats!
    What does NSV mean?
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Isn't that just the best feeling??? I'm finally fitting into some old clothes (which is even better than new!) plus some that have been hanging in my closet with tags on them, just waiting for me to get down to that size- ah, it's so nice to rip those tags off and wear them!!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    WAY to go! I love closet shopping! keep up the great work!
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Congrats!
    What does NSV mean?

Non Scale Victory - the best kind!!

Thanks everyone!!! Nothing can bring me down today!!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    :smokin: Awesome. Im so pleased for you. I'm looking forward to when I can do that. Ive got clothes ranging from a UK size 10 - 18 in my wardrobe. Im looking forward to recycling everything that doesnt fit anymore too

This is ME... well... I don't have any size UK 10's in there.... I actually found a size 12 the other day.... but I have clothes ranging from UK size 14 - UK size 22...

No wonder all my family & friends said I had too many clothes.... but I didn't think I did, because I couldn't wear them...

I've dropped 2 sizes in the last 5 months.... wearing a UK size 18....
  • mzprettiekittie
    mzprettiekittie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thats great :happy:
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi there isn't that a great feeling i too have clothes ranging in size and have just managed to start wearing a pair of jeans i bought in a sale a few years back and they still had the tag in them as i had never been small enough to wear them and now i can its brilliant.
  • DahnaLane
    DahnaLane Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    "nothing can bring me down today"

I am grinning ear to ear for you!
    :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!