Haagen Dazs - Spiced Pecan Turtle Ice Cream

Options
bioklutz
bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
Has anyone tried this? OMG it is so good! I am SHOCKED that I am about to say this...I almost don't think it is worth the calories though...310 for 106 grams. Hahaha! Who am I kidding! I would buy it again!

I really want to try the applewood smoked caramel almond but it was not in my store.

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    It's definitely a flavor I've wanted to try for a while, but I end up buying something else every time I go ice cream shopping.

I think applewood smoked is a regional flavor, unfortunately.
  • bioklutz
    Options
    It's definitely a flavor I've wanted to try for a while, but I end up buying something else every time I go ice cream shopping.

Now is the perfect time of the year to try it! It tastes like a Fall/Thanksgiving flavor to me. :smile:
  • vadimknobel
    vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    obvious what is being done here - don't fall for it.

what?

my fave ice cream flavors are rocky road/ ben and Jerry's new york fudge chunk which is like 400 calories per cup or something and low fat strawberry frozen yogurt which is like 80 calories per pop
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »

Now is the perfect time of the year to try it! It tastes like a Fall/Thanksgiving flavor to me. :smile:
    Cool! I'll pick it up when I finish Ben an Jerry's Save our Swirled... assuming I don't see this first. This flavor takes priority over everything. :p

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yummmm! That sounds amazing. I don't even know if I can get Haagen Dasz here, we only just got B&Js!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Yesss. It's a vast ice cream conspiracy! lol
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Rum Raisin Haagen Dazs is the bomb!
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Yesss. It's a vast ice cream conspiracy! lol
    These ice cream marketers come onto my boards and try to ruin the sanctity of my frozen bananas.

• myheartsabattleground
    Options
    I wasn't personally fond of it. In fact, I ate it just because I wanted to get rid of it, but didn't want anything to go to waste.
  • carlyp79
    carlyp79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Norgen Vaas .. Gingerbread flavour had it on my honeymoon 6 years ago and never seen it since.

I blame Ben & Jerry's New York Chunk for kick starting the delivery of my twins. Twas the night before I was due in Hospital, and I lived it up by having this wondorous ice cream that I had avoided due to Gestational Diabetes.
    40 mins later my waters broke. The kids apparently discovered ice cream in-utero, and wanted out so they could chase some down.
  • bioklutz
    Options
    carlyp79 wrote: »
    Norgen Vaas .. Gingerbread flavour had it on my honeymoon 6 years ago and never seen it since.

I blame Ben & Jerry's New York Chunk for kick starting the delivery of my twins. Twas the night before I was due in Hospital, and I lived it up by having this wondorous ice cream that I had avoided due to Gestational Diabetes.
    40 mins later my waters broke. The kids apparently discovered ice cream in-utero, and wanted out so they could chase some down.

How funny! A gingerbread ice cream sounds amazing.

Spacequiztime - I will have to keep an eye out for the bourbon pecan pie. Whiskey caramel swirls...yum!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Curse those corporate shills! ;)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I dunno...I've been underwhelmed at the last few Haagen Dazs flavors I've tried.

Though it sounds tempting!!
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I haven't had it. I've developed a tree nut allergy in the last 5 years. I love pecans. I miss pecans. Life without turtles and butter pecan ice cream and those cinnamon pecan rolls from Au Bon Pain has been very drab. This sounds so yummy. I hate my life. A life with out tree nuts sucks.

Sometimes I take 2 benedryl and eat nuts anyway. O_o I need them!!!!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Sarah, I feel so bad for you, love my nuts.
    2 Benadryl and I wouldn't be conscious long enough to eat the nuts.

Not a B&J, or HD, but rum and raisin has me drooling. Luckily the best I ever had was made on a cruise ship, so can't nip out for a late night snack.

Cheers, h.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hmmm never had rum raisin...heard good things tho!

Yep benadryl has never put me to sleep only given the super powers to eat tree nuts and not die. when my hubby catches me sneaking occasional he slaps the food right outta my hand screaming "what are you doing!!!" I tell him I took some benadryl, pick my turtle up off the floor and continue eating...no pecan shall be wasted.!!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YUM!!!, drizzle some baileys over that
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Heck, if you have taken a Benadryl, and are still awake, eat the whole box of those yummy things.

Cheers, h.