Newbie here

Options
Hiya, just joined this this morning, after struggling on WW's for a long time, lol.

Can anyone tell me if you count veg/salad and diet pop in your calories, or do you not count these? Some calorie diets you do, and yet some (like Rosemary Conley), you don't. Thanks. Sam xx:laugh:

Replies

• Deva1026
    Deva1026 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome! I have been here less than 1 week. You can add me to your friends. Everyone on this site is so very kind and supportive. I follow low-carb dieting, so I log all my veggies. I don't drink pop, so cannot help you there.
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm on WW too but since i've been here, i haven't been on there too much. I think it's a nice blend of the two. i count all things i put in my body -- even crystal light packets. You have to count everything -- it's the only way to be conscious about where your calories are going. at least for me, that's what I do. good luck!
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome.
    Count everything, including exercise.
    Feel free to friend me - I find having lots of friends brings lots of encouragement, and boy do i need that sometimes!
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I do count diet soda actually everything i eat even 5 calorie gum. It just helps to keep me in track of all i am putting in my mouth. You can friend me if you would like. MFP is one great site with much support and you lose weight and gain friends. one gain you dont mind:)
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I do count diet soda actually everything i eat even 5 calorie gum. It just helps to keep me in track of all i am putting in my mouth. You can friend me if you would like. MFP is one great site with much support and you lose weight and gain friends. one gain you dont mind:)
  • msswaylo
    msswaylo Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey! I am new as well and looking for tips and helpful hints. I have been on WW since February 5 and have lost 18pounds so far. I decided to give this site a try after it was suggested by one of my friends. I also count everything, although it is very challenging at times, it keeps you aware of what your intake is.

Sway
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to a terrific site of terific people! FOr me I log everything that I eat or drink. I rarely drink soda but if I did it would go in! That is the main reason I joined MFP, I needed something to hold me accountable for what I ate and my calories. This site has been great!
    Feel free to add me if you'd like!!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is so easy and full of amazingly supportive people. I log everything that I eat or drink, even if it is zero calories I log it so that I have a complete account. Good luck to you!
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    Former WWer myself. I understand their new system you do not count fruits/veggies. MFP counts calories so log everything. WW has not worked for me for awhile. This site is awesome, puts ETools to shame. Add me as a friend if you want. Good Luck!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I have been seriously using this site for almost 2 weeks. Never been with WW so not certain how it works. For me, I have been adding in everything I eat or drink during the day. I am trying to get a handle on what I consume so that I can start making adjustments. Looking to lose weight and improve my eating habits.
    Best of luck!
  • cjnolt
    cjnolt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!

I count everything - keeps you accountable. In addition to counting calories I also try to watch my micros: - Fat, Carbs and Protien. I love this site - great support!

Please feel free to add me as a friend.