Which C25K app to use?

Options
Orphia
Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
I went to download C25K on the iTunes app store, and there's heaps of them!

What's the best one to use, and what does it look like?

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I don't have an iPhone but I used a free one on Android that worked just fine. I think it was called C25K Free or something like that?

They're all pretty much the same with the NHS program. Just look for one that isn't buggy and go with it. Most important thing to do is to keep moving.

By the way, you can also skip the app and just subscribe to a podcast. Some folks have pre-compiled playlists with different themes, which have the prompts to start and stop running already layered in. That can be a nice alternative to an app, if you prefer.
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I recommend the NHS podcasts.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I like the Podrunner Intervals podcasts, but they do have apps I believe that will put signals to walk/run over your own music. I prefer the podcasts since they help monitor my pace with the BPM.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I like zombies run for my rare cardio sessions but zen labs if it's on ios is good also
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i really liked the zen labs one
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I used run double.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

This
  • mom3over40
    mom3over40 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I used the Zen lab one also. Many of the other ones are free only for the first few runs, at least they were like that when I first started last year.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I also used Zen Labs and loved it.
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options

I absolutely agree with this, especially for the first 5 weeks, you get a nice boost of encouragement and some helpful tips along the way and the music is well times and appropriate to keep you going

once you get to week 5 and are doing 20 mins solid the music gets a bit boring so that when I changed up but
  • ewrook
    ewrook Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I use the runkeeper 5K training plan. It's a little different, you pick whether you want to walk or run. I had been running already and could run 1.5 miles so it worked better for me than trying to figure out where in a run/walk plan would be a good place to start.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!

I went with the Zen Labs pro app, and just used it this morning for W1D1, and it did the trick.

Nice to be able to listen to my own music while getting intermittent instructions!

Who knew running could be fun?! :);)