Lunch & Snacks!

Options
2»

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    This is what I did this week. I discovered that the those pre-packaged fruit cups fit in a wide mouth mason jar. So I used them to make lunches and snacks. Worked so well. I will keep doing this now that I have all the mason jars. just have to eat more fruit.

http://soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/09/recycle-tip-fruit-cups-mason-jars.html

Mason%2BJar%2BPrep%2Bwith%2BFruit%2BCups.jpg
  • shondaj70
    shondaj70 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    shondaj70 I like your choice for lunch going to try it
    Here is a pic of it Plantlady99.o4fbjmn62ntp.jpg

• gyoung640
    gyoung640 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Quick grab and go snack...Planters Nutrition Protein Nut Mix 7g sugar,
    10g protein & 250 calories. Filling
  • bevcusick2
    bevcusick2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anyone know something simple for lunch
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    thcyfz7sggzm.jpg
    This was my lunch, today. A tuna wrap with pasta salad (made with white balsamic vinegar).
  • Triskele2
    Triskele2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Most days for me is a handful of spring mix lettuce, matchstick carrots, and chopped sweet red pepper. Dressing is straight up balsamic vinegar. On the side a few thin slices of deli turkey, hard boiled egg, handful of grapes, and 5-6 small Rolled Gold Cheddar Pretzels for crunch.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm not creative for lunch. Tomorrow morning I'm going to grab a bag of lettuce, can of tuna, a wedge of laughing cow cheese...mmmmaaaaaybe I'll weigh out 25 grams of avocado to bring. The hot sauce and my bowl are already at work. Done.
  • Rtrtiff
    Rtrtiff Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I Pack a salad in a Mason jar ... Dressing on the bottom with your veggies next and keep your greens as close to the top as possible . add in a paper towel square under the lid to soak up the moisture and keep the lettuce from getting soggy! For lunch remove the towel and shake it up ! I also bake chicken with garlic salt and pepper for flavor the night before its an easy meal prep
  • stones45
    stones45 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I prep salad fixins for the week and today it's a Greek salad with garlic expressions dressing. A whole grain roll and green iced tea.
  • nae60
    nae60 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken breast
    Broccoli
    Brown rice

Some days I change brown rice to sweet potato..#carbs
  • Steadmn
    Steadmn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    This is what I did this week. I discovered that the those pre-packaged fruit cups fit in a wide mouth mason jar. So I used them to make lunches and snacks. Worked so well. I will keep doing this now that I have all the mason jars. just have to eat more fruit.

http://soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/09/recycle-tip-fruit-cups-mason-jars.html

These are awesome!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I take a serving of dinner and pack it for lunch the next day. Sometimes I will put it in a wrap for a change of pace.
    This container is really handy.
    ydb-015_1z.jpg
    I will wrap up something crispy like crackers or chinese noodles, a little protein like nuts, cheese, or shredded chicken, and I have myself a great salad on the go.

I have a set like that and my husband just starting using one too. They're great.
  • roroinco
    roroinco Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna and Wasa crackers
    Carrots & hummus
    Progresso light soups
    Left overs from dinner the night before
    Apples
    Turkey sandwich
    Salads (use a rotisserie chicken)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options

I am SO stealing this hack!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options

I love my mason jars. I take soups in them and salad. I had to go online to get the 4 ounce ones you have your pic. Awesome idea!