UGHH! Why Do I keep Doing what I shouldn't be?!

Options
I am so convinced that I am NOT going to do what I end up doing every time: Out of control eating at night. The satisfaction of it is short lived and guilt is overwhelming but it's something that happens every time. :(

Replies

• MrsFairey87
    MrsFairey87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I'm good all/most of the day but most nights I sit down and eat lots of bad stuff
  • nadiha
    nadiha Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I'm good all/most of the day but most nights I sit down and eat lots of bad stuff

Me too. I even think that i am convincing my self when, at 2 PM i say "I'm not doing this again today"...
  • RegainFiks
    RegainFiks Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have the similar problem I am actually good during the week come weekend I mess up, I end up gaining all the weight I have lost during the week and I am stuck at the same weight. This week things have changed I am in control and I don't overeat I tell myself that "If I don't take that food it wont come to me so let me not take it", I have been practicing it and it works,. Be in control don't let food over power you, you are stronger than that.
  • nadiha
    Options
    Fikile2015 wrote: »
    I have the similar problem I am actually good during the week come weekend I mess up, I end up gaining all the weight I have lost during the week and I am stuck at the same weight. This week things have changed I am in control and I don't overeat I tell myself that "If I don't take that food it wont come to me so let me not take it", I have been practicing it and it works,. Be in control don't let food over power you, you are stronger than that.

The weekend is a problem too. It's the only time i spend with my mom and sister and a staple of that is eating. Thanks for the encouraging words. :)
  • tigersangel247
    tigersangel247 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Something that has really helped me is to think about food as fuel for your body and taking a moment to really judge my hunger. Am I hungry? I know that I use food to deal with my emotions, but when I really stop to take the time to evaluate the situation and realize that I am not eating for hunger, I can usually channel that impulse into something else. Am I bored? Sad? Angry? Figure out what that emotion is, feel it, and move on. I also used to get angry when I tried to stop myself from snacking at night, like I was being denied something that I deserved. That is something I am still working on :)
  • nadiha
    Options
    That what i need to do.. although it's easy to convince yourself that you deserve it.
  • tigersangel247
    tigersangel247 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes, it definitely is. I bought myself an adult coloring book, and that is what I do when I get bored at night, instead of eating. It has been a nice little treat to myself, instead of treating myself to food that I don't need and eventually end up feeling bad about. I have never regretted spending an hour coloring at night! :) (It's actually very relaxing!)