New to cooking!!

Options
Okay, so I'm going to TRY and start making some healthy and yummy meals, breakfast, lunch and dinners, but I have no idea what, I need suggestions and step by step instructions, I'm not a strong cooker. And to make it worse I don't have a proper oven, I have 2 hallogen ovens, so I need things that I can cook with those..help please?

Replies

• samanthajane0294
    samanthajane0294 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'll have a look, yeah hallogens are a nightmare but its not my house so I can't get an oven :(
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    http://everydayhalogen.com/

Start by utilizing Google to find recipes for what you use to cook with the most. I have a NuWave oven which looks similar to many of the Halogen ovens I found but doesn't uses a light to cook. I've actually never even seen a Halogen oven before this post....

Purchase a griddle! They are easy to store and clean. Since it's not your house you can keep it wherever you feel fit and use it when needed. In the beginning of my weight loss journey I lived in a 37ft travel trailer and had a gas oven/stove that didn't really work well. I had very little to no space and got a griddle. With nonstick cooking spray I was able to make healthy eggs, quesadillas...etc. and then put it in a small nook to keep it out of sight.

Start cooking with veggies.

Download the Yummly app and look for low calorie/low fat/low whatever you want low recipes. They have step by step instructions and a lot of the foods you can do in a Halogen oven.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Www.budgetbytes.com does a lot of step by step pics and has a lot of well balanced meals that are also inexpensive!