I need exercise help. I suffer from Scoliosis and joint deterioration

Options
BootygirlMomma
BootygirlMomma Posts: 5 Member
edited September 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi my name's Becca! I'm currently doing Zbody fitness programs by Zoe Rodriguez and I love her programs. I have scoliosis, my joints are deteriorating, and I don't have cartilage between my patella and femur (PFPS). I'm struggling with certain exercises that are causing excessive pain and strained muscles. I want to do all of the exercises in Zoe's programs but I don't know how to do them correctly. My goal Is to build lean muscle and lower my body fat percentage. Is there any coaches that can help me learn how to do my exercises without hurting myself? Or is there anyone who can give me some recommendations?

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I would certainly speak to your doctor or physical therapist.
    I might suggest swimming would help as it is low impact and great at strengthening the whole body.
    a foam roller workout might help you feel better.
    yoga is another thing but it might cause stress on your joints.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Talk to your physical therapist. You need a program tailored to your needs.
  • BootygirlMomma
    BootygirlMomma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you moyer566. I have spoke with my P.T. and he doesn't really help much. I want a woman to help me learn how to do the exercises in the programs I bough. I will certainly look into swimming and I already do yoga. It helps with stretching my muscles and helps give me stabilization. I don't know what kind of coach to get to show me how to do my exercises and help come up with a meal plan and the whole macros thing