BREAKFAST!!!

Options
ejfunkh
ejfunkh Posts: 2 Member
Hello All! I need some breakfast inspiration. Hit me with your fast & easy breakfast ideas. I'm not a picky eater, like to keep things as natural as possible, and if my kids & hubby like it too = extra bonus points!
Thank you so much for your help!

E

Replies

• kconcord99
    kconcord99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    6oz Vanilla light yogurt, 5 blackberries 1/4 c granola
    Great protien & fills u up!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I posted this on a thread a few minutes ago.

I have a super great one. I buy Nature's own 40 calorie wheat bread. I whipped up an egg white with small amount of milk. Coated the bread and cooked in nonstick pan. For hers, I cooked in butter. Mine I used a lower calorie spread. When done, topped with fresh strawberries (sweetened with 1 tsp sugar. I'm sure frozen strawberries would work great too) and redi whip. French toast with strawberries. She loved it! You could add cinnamon to egg mixture and sprinkle with sugar. Great base with lots of options.

Egg muffins. Whip eggs and add ham, cheese, etc. This is great because you can customize his for his liking and add veggies to yours. Cook in muffin tin sprayed with nonstick spray. Great to pull out and zap in microwave. In same sense you could do breakfast burritos using whole wheat tortillas.

One of my favorites is breakfast pizza. Take whole wheat pita bread. Top with salsa or some other sauce, scrambled eggs, diced peppers, canadian bacon or a lean meat, cheese. I always buy Kraft 2% shredded cheddar. Pop in oven til melted. Great one, too, is to top with refried beans (out of can), diced tomatoes, diced peppers, cheese. After it's melted, I top with an egg fried in nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick spray. Very filling!

Also omelets, You can fill those suckers with a variety of meats and veggies.

Anything I can tweak a little to make it healthier for myself and enjoyable for my family, the better. Lol.

Good luck.
  • atheis330
    atheis330 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm not a morning eater but I do know that breakfast is really important. Do I have to eat a big meal 0r will a yogurt be fine or some fruit
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    @atheis330 I know tons of people who don't eat breakfast. If you don't enjoy breakfast or you're not a morning eater, don't worry. Eating breakfast is not mandatory. Calorie intake is what counts. Not when you consume them. I'm a breakfast person; my husband is not. Makes him queasy.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    One slice of whole wheat toast, with a slice of low fat medium cheddar on top, then top that with a chopped boiled egg - I usually slice the egg in half first and pop it in the microwave for 15-20 secs to warm it up. On Sunday I boil about 8 to 10 eggs so they're always ready to go. That breakfast comes in at 242 calories, using Silver Hills Mack's Flax bread.
  • lorraine_2015
    lorraine_2015 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    breakfast

1. bread
    2. pancakes
    3. quaker oats
    4. eggs
    5. fried rice hotdog, egg
    6. fried milkfish (marinate fish in vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic overnight or more) then fry it.
  • goelvira
    goelvira Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    spinach and sausage and feta cheese omelet! yum
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a toasted Thomas English muffin topped with two over easy eggs.
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I easy ezekial raisin bread 70 cals with a poached egg 70 cals and kraft mozzarella cheese stick ( 70 cals i think?) peeled and placed under the egg so it melts a bit. Its sweet... Salty and delicious :)
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I started making Overnight Oats, and I'm in love. It seems to keep me full for longer, too. Very High in protein and fiber .
  • charlessimone04
    charlessimone04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    These are truly great meal ideas!!
  • saralillian7
    saralillian7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats. I make one with coconut milk,steel oats, dark choc chips, coconut strips, tastes just like an almond joy bar...but less sugar. :)
  • cyn3232015
    cyn3232015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Egg whites and Ezekiel bread
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    Kale Eggs

Serves 2

4 eggs, beaten
    ! tbsp Olive oil
    A few ounces of Kale (I'm not good at measuring)
    A bag of potatoes o'brien
    Diced onions

Turn skillet on, pour in olive oil, wait to get hot

Add kale, potatoes o'brien, onions

Sautee until kale is wilted, potatoes brownish, onions translucent

Add eggs, cook till eggs are done

Top with mozz cheese, let it melt

Serve
  • mollylayton
    mollylayton Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I go with granola, yogurt, and fruit.
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for the past few weeks...
    half an english muffin
    one slice of bacon (reg or turkey)
    1 egg (prepared your way)

Make a little open face breakfast sandwich!
  • emilydkrumnow
    emilydkrumnow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started making Overnight Oats, and I'm in love. It seems to keep me full for longer, too. Very High in protein and fiber .

• emilydkrumnow
    emilydkrumnow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry im new lol... I meant how do you make overnight oats?
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Sorry im new lol... I meant how do you make overnight oats?

Web search Refrigerator oats/overnight oats etc.

Basically, mix rolled or steel cut oats with the liquid/fruit/flavor of your choice in a covered container, shake and refrigerate for at least 5 hours, overnight is best.

Today, for the first time, I blended:
    1 banana
    1 cup orange juice
    2 scoops protein powder (could probably use one)
    0.5 tsp gound cinnamon, together.

In two separate containers I put 0.5 cup of rolled Quaker Oats
    Measured the blended mixture, added enough water so it was 2 cups and mixed one cup into each of the containers. Covered, shook until mixed, refrigerated overnight. Can be eaten cold or nuked.

Calories per serving 354
    fat 6.2 g
    Carbs 61.5g
    Protein 17.6g.

I don't think there is a limit on what you can mix to do this. Have fun. Give it a whirl.