Anyone else not calorie counting?

Options
Hi I'm Heather from Scotland in the UK. I've yo yo dieted nearly all my life, then I ditched the so called diets and stopped calorie counting, started eating more protein and a heck of a load of good fats lol. I only eat real foods and organic as much as possible. I've lost a lot of weight but am now down to my last stone. I've used MFP on and off and find it helpful to keep track of macronutrients.
Anyway, I'd love to connect with people who are not calorie counting and are eating real food as I find it quite depressing seeing nothing but calorie obsession in my news feed lol

Replies

• ArtemisK57
    ArtemisK57 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I watch what I eat but I am definitely not counting calories. Its too daunting of a task. Add me if you want!
  • sarab920
    sarab920 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't calorie count either. It's just too much.
  • irejb
    irejb Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories either. Truth by told, I just can't bother. I just right to eat in moderation.
  • brandistutsy
    brandistutsy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started out calories. At first it helped we are both over weight and any diet change was better then noththing. Even though we slowly saw decreases, they were not quite what I wanted to see. We started converting our diets to a paleo mix ( getting rid of processed). Having a nine year old child taking this change with us was a small challenge. We wanted him to be healthy too. I also do the "shop on the outside of the aisle" theory which means at a supermarket usually the processed junk food is sitting on the shelves in the middle of the store. This keeps me focused and my grocery shopping takes half the time. I'm always amazed at the looks I get as I cart out a whole bunch of fresh veggies and meat.
    I have lost 14 pounds in 2 months not too shabby but I did start doing the strong women type work outs...
    Don't get me wrong I still have to have a burger every once in a while. I find if I deny my self an indulgence every once in a while I end up eating lots of other things and still want that burger or what not.
    Plus add in a gallon of water a day depending on your weight and weight kinda falls off a little