Options
    Yeah, still no question here.
  • CaseyGwaltney
    CaseyGwaltney Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    First post asking for help, so cut me some slack
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    Options
    I'm not sure why you keep posting the same thing, but no one can give you an answer when there isn't a question.
  • CaseyGwaltney
    Options
    It won't let me post! What the heck
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hey!!! Come on guys let's cut her a little slack here ok???
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    First post asking for help, so cut me some slack

What kind of help do you need? Your diary is closed and there aren't a lot of details in your first post. Sharing some more information could help us give you more specific advice.

Until then, this is my general advice. Maybe something will help you out.

1. If it's been less than 3 weeks or so, don't sweat it! Normal fluctuations happen and unfortunately sometimes we stall for a week or two even when we're doing everything right. Give your body some time to catch up with the changes you're making.

2. If you aren't already, be sure that you're logging everything. Sometimes people forget about things like veggies, drinks, cooking oils, and condiments. For some people these can add up to enough to halt your weight loss progress.

3. Consider buying a food scale if you don't already have one. They're about $10-$20 dollars in the US and easily found at places like Amazon, Target, and Walmart. Measuring cups and spoons are great, but they do come with some degree of inaccuracy. A food scale will be more accurate, and for some people it makes a big difference.

4. Logging accurately also means choosing accurate entries in the database. There are a lot of user-entered entries that are off. Double-check that you're using good entries and/or using the recipe builder instead of someone else's homemade entries.

5. Recalculate your goals if you haven't lately. As you lose weight your body requires fewer calories to run. Be sure you update your goals every ten pounds or so.

6. If you're eating back your exercise calories and you're relying on gym machine readouts or MFP's estimates, it might be best to eat back just 50-75% of those. Certain activities tend to be overestimated. If you're using an HRM or activity tracker, it might be a good idea to look into their accuracy and be sure that yours is calibrated properly.

7. If you're taking any cheat days that go over your calorie limits, it might be best to cut them out for a few weeks and see what happens. Some people go way over their calorie needs without realizing it when they don't track.

8. If you weigh yourself frequently, consider using a program like trendweight to even out the fluctuations. You could be losing weight but just don't see it because of the daily ups and downs.

9. Some people just burn fewer calories than the calculators predict. If you continue to have problems after 4-6 weeks, then it might be worth a trip to the doctor or a registered dietitian who can give you more specific advice.
  • CaseyGwaltney
    Options
    Sorry guys my phone wasn't posting it, no need to make fun.

I started using this app 1 month ago. 40 lbs is how much I would like to lose. It gave me the 1250 calories to work with and I have been so good at sticking within that!! My main meals are chicken, fish, rice, egg whites, frozen grapes, occasional peanut butter/ rice cake. Cut out 90% of sugar! Drink only water now(with flavor drops), around 18 cups a day! It's easy to keep track in my water jug lol.

Also I have been going to the gym 5 days a week doing 50 min of various cardio and random arm leg belly exercises.

MY DILEMMA!!!! I've only lost 2 lbs

Help me understand what I'm doing wrong please!

Thanks in advance!
    Casey
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    You may not be logging as accurately as you think. Do you weigh everything you eat? For homemade recipes, weigh raw materials and create your own recipe because the pre-entered recipes vary widely. Also, try to not eat exercise calories back just to see how your body reacts.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    you have to mix it up, do not do the same things over and over again, every day I strive for new and fun things to do!, it makes it easy to lose weight, roller blade, cycle, run, kangoojumps,, paddle boarding, snowshoeing, cross country skiing....
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    What you're saying is you've lost half a pound a week over the last 4 weeks. What you are not considering is any water retention you may have from working out 50 min a day especially if this is something you started at the same time as your diet. Also as a woman your body weight fluctuates a lot during certain times of the month which can also hide the fact that you are losing weight. You also don't say how much you currently weigh. If you are 150 pounds and are trying to get down to 110 pounds than a half a pound a week might actually be the right pace for you. What I'm saying is give it more time. Its still too early to tell just yet. If you had 100+ pounds to lose then there would be more concern but I wouldn't panic just yet.
  • CaseyGwaltney
    Options
    oh oops! Starting i am 190, now 188. I wanna be 150 like i was 3 years ago! Yea i was wondering about water....since i drink so so much. Makes me wonder if i am retaining it, and how not to retain it lol.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    2 pounds is a half a pound a week. Awesome work!
    You will retain water while your muscles repair (usually a new exercise program). Drink lots of water and keep sodium to a minimum.
  • esnider211
    esnider211 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm having deja vu.
  • siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Huh, that's a lot of posts gone.
  • CaseyGwaltney
    Options
    this got posted 2 times earlier today......the other one has all the comments.

Thanks Lifting4Lis!
  • PhyllisIvy
    PhyllisIvy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Change it up! Do different things every day so your body doesn't get used to a routine. Also, make sure you get enough GOOD fats into your meals. It's not easy, but I just keep telling myself this...I didn't gain it overnight, so there is no way I can lose it overnight. It's taken me 2.5 months to lose 18 pounds, and some weeks are more than others. It's a lifestyle change for me, I want it to be long term, so now it's becoming a habit. Good luck!!!
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    esnider211 wrote: »
    I'm having deja vu.

Me too except her diary was open with a lot of quick adds. Some of 500 calories or more.
  • jpssteel21
    jpssteel21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well it depends. The 1250 calories you were given on my fitness pal already accounts for your calorie deficit of 1000 calories or 2 pounds a week. If yes, than subtract your excercise and you are not feeding yourself enough and your body may need more food. Try an online BMR calculator and then multiply by your activity level... For me it's 1.75.... Make your protein about 45% intake and fat 30% carbs and 25 % fat.. Everyone is different and just play with it. I Hare lost 61 pounds In months. You WILL do it ... Stay strong.... Don't get frustrated and you will meet your goals..