What do you do to distract yourself from hunger pangs?

Options
What do you do to distract yourself from hunger pangs while dieting? I'm not tempted to break my diet but what can I do to distract myself from those feelings? Thanks, any input appreciated

Replies

• LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    "SevereClinicalDepression has deactivated their account."

Clicked on their user name because I wanted to confirm the whole name included the word "Depression" and they had deactivated their account at 6:50. Okayyyyyyy . . . .
  • lauraleefaith
    lauraleefaith Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I drink water.
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    @LaceyBirds
    It shows account is active on my end.

@ OP eat something healthy. Ignoring hunger can cause binges later on.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    @LaceyBirds
    It shows account is active on my end.

@ OP eat something healthy. Ignoring hunger can cause binges later on.

Really? How truly bizarre - it still says "deactivated" for me. Thanks for letting me know.

• SevereClinicalDepression
    Options
    I am on a diet of 400 calories a day
    earlier today I had a starbucks cool lime refresher 45 cal
    for dinner I will have Korean tofu soup pack (220 cal)
    1 cup white mushrooms 13 cal
    1 cup napa 16 cal
    5 oz yoghurt 90 cal
    I will drink water
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I am on a diet of 400 calories a day
    earlier today I had a starbucks cool lime refresher 45 cal
    for dinner I will have Korean tofu soup pack (220 cal)
    1 cup white mushrooms 13 cal
    1 cup napa 16 cal
    5 oz yoghurt 90 cal
    I will drink water

That is unhealthy. Promotion of such a diet is a violation of this site's guidelines. It is absolutely no wonder that you're hungry from starving yourself. If you think your intake is wise or healthy. .. you're wrong and need professional help.

Options
    I'm new to dieting
    So I don't know the best way to do it
    But I logged my meals on here
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm new to dieting
    So I don't know the best way to do it
    But I logged my meals on here
    Read the stickied threads in the getting started section. What you're doing now is foolish , dangerous, and unhealthy.

Options
    OK I will read it thank you!!
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to increase your intake. You need to eat less than you are taking in to lose weight but too much can cause serious health problems such as vitamin deficiency, bone demineralization, cardiac dysrythmias, muscle wasting. Your intake should not be much less than 1500 if a woman or 1800 if a man. You may need more depending on your activity level and size. I believe there is a way to enter your size and activity level into MFP and have it give you a calorie recommendation. You could also try consulting a nutritionist. In the mean time looking at other peoples' diary entries may help you get some meal ideas using foods you enjoy.
  • CherryFOJO
    CherryFOJO Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah I just entered my weight and activity level and MFP set a calorie goal for me. It's been working efficiently too. My calorie goal is 1480 and I've already lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks. (With gym time too). So defintely look into MFPs calorie suggestion for yourself (:

Also, today I was craving food hard, so first of all I took a nap. When I woke up I ate dinner and was craving more food, so I ate a low cal frozen treat to signal to my body that hey, dinner is over iight? Haha
  • FatRunningMan1966
    Options
    I try drinking water but they are still there and I am on 1200 calories. No pills one can take?
  • dreabean81
    dreabean81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Water and fiber!
  • Pammalla
    Pammalla Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I eat There is no reason to be so Hungry your in pain. I find if I really want something and I can't stop focusing on it that eating a small amount of it is enough to get it out of my system and then I can move on