Stranger's legs...Where'd these come from??? (PICS)

Options
jpowell3976
jpowell3976 Posts: 144 Member
May 24th - Sitting on the couch, catching up on some DVR'd shows, wearing a pair of sleep shorts I haven't been able to fit into in 3+ years, legs out stretched, crossed at ankles, looked down and said (out loud),"Holy *kitten*! Who's legs are these?!?!"

Finally getting around to showing you guys! I DO NOT have before pictures b/c I haven't had on a pair of shorts in the years before starting on this journey...lol! Trust me when I say they would NOT have looked anything like these...lol!

Please for give all my background mess...lol! My coffee table is my desk...I have a very tiny house.

2011-05-24214627.jpg

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i hear ya, loud and clear..i haven't really been able to sport short comfortably in a good while myself..feels awesome, huh ?? congrats to you, even without the before pix...wonderful work !! :drinker:
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Good for you. It's amazing when we start noticing things about our own body and can be happy with how they look. So off those legs! :happy:
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Your legs are lookin' good!! (And I love your tat!)
  • Fairlyfamous
    Options
    Congratulations! I know the whole "avoiding shorts" thing myself. Rock out with your superstar legs!
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a day of many "firsts-in-a-whiles" ... I went running ... outside ... in shorts ... and a tank ...

And aside from my Casper-like glowing legs, I was OK!
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Nice legs. But who's cigs? Hope the total health transformation will eventually help you off them. Anyway, good job, and again...nice legs.
  • MelanieP_TX
    MelanieP_TX Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I love when that happens, that is soo funny! ^^ agreeing w/ the guy above- Give up them cigs! -and this is coming from an x smoker! :flowerforyou:
  • jpowell3976
    Options
    Thanks guys! Yes, the cigarette's are mine. My doctor and I have a plan of action during this journey. He told me one thing at a time. I'm on a roll with the weight loss right now, so in a year we will tackle the smoking. He said that if I tried to do both I would fail...at BOTH...lol. Failure is not an option. I will get there. Can't wait to be "high school healthy"!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    oohh la la!
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Yes, the cigarette's are mine. My doctor and I have a plan of action during this journey. He told me one thing at a time. I'm on a roll with the weight loss right now, so in a year we will tackle the smoking. He said that if I tried to do both I would fail...at BOTH...lol. Failure is not an option. I will get there. Can't wait to be "high school healthy"!

There ya go! Baby steps, of course, but glad that there s a plan for those cigs as well. :)
  • JMRGrant
    JMRGrant Posts: 67
    Options
    Good for you! Congratulations and keep up the good work. I know exactly how you feel, some of my co-workers call me chicken legs now (yeah right, I'll never have those - but it still feels good to hear and they are extremely supportive). Keep it up! :happy:
  • iiliiPhoenixiilii
    Options
    Whooooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! You're legs look great!

I can't wait to wear shorts again!!
  • eyt2003
    eyt2003 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cluck Cluck Chickie Chickie...JMR...
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Yes, one thing at a time, one day at a time. :)
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Very nice indeed!! :-)) Congratulations on your progress and commitment!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • jpowell3976
    Options
    Thank you! All of you! All these nice things are what keep me going...even when I wanna stop! :blushing:
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good for you, and also good for you for making a plan with your doctor to lose weight AND quit smoking. That's pretty brave, and also ambitious!

Oh, and I have a tattoo on my right foot too! =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!