Hi! It's time to take responsibility of our health

Hello!
My name's John, I'm 21 and I have a "little" problem with my weight.
As far as I remember I have a problem with my weight. When I was a child I was taking steroids for asthma and my parents were buying my favorite chips. When I was teenager I didn't care about myself, I was eating whatever I wanted and I didn't be aware of that what I was eating. I started gorging while I was in stress - so in this times, every day.

Two years ago, when I say 108 kg on my scale I realized that If I don't change something, I will be obesy in few years.
I started eating "clean", I was going to gym three times a week. I reduced my weight to 88 kilograms. Honestly, I was so proud of myself, I looked much better, I feel much better. My self-esteem raised.
Then... I started eating "normally". I put on weight and backed to 104 kg...

A few weeks ago I started thinking about reduction process as a complex thing, I mean - you can put diet into practise, you can train three times a week but if you don't change your HABITS and thinking about "normal" food after a diet you will gain the kilograms which you've lost.

So I decided to take things in my hands and change my way of thinking about food. I want to put some new habits like eating breakfast every day, eating more non-processed foods into practise. I'm logging every food I eat because I wanna be more aware of that what I am eating.

My weight is 96 kg by now. I want to reduce my weight to 85 kilogram and see if it's enough! I hope that I'll find friends here. I'll be very happy to be your MFP friend and cheer you on eating healthier!!

Best wishes!
John

Replies

• fatdaduk
    fatdaduk Posts: 50 Member
    Welcome aboard John. :)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    You have the right idea but don't make it complicated. Log every BLT(bite, lick and taste) that goes in your mouth and walk. The weight will come off. Even better if you can do a little more exercise. Variety and volume as far as food goes helps and keeping your protein level up! Good Luck!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    you have to have some fun too.
  • nxamaya
    nxamaya Posts: 16 Member
    Almost the same here but a year older dude haha, will add you I log in everything I eat so make sure to take a look at my dairy if you need some suggestions ! :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Changing your attitude and relationship with food is absolutely VITAL for success! I've re-gained all of my weight lost time and time again - simply because I hadn't made peace with food and the reasons for eating it. I'm now finally hitting a healthy weight and I know now that I have control of the situation. You can do this! :)