what does your gym membership cost?

Options
I realize that the cost of a gym membership varies by location and even what type of gym you prefer.
But what do you pay for a monthly gym membership?
and how often do you use it?
wondering what the cost per use is?
Example: $30 dollars per month=$1 per day if you go every day

Thanks for your input everyone!

Replies

• libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My membership is $42 including tax. I work out 6 days a week so $1.75 a time, well worth the money spent
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Mine is $150 a month. But it includes full programming, near 24/7 access to my coaches (seriously, he even answers texts while on vacation with his family), gym access, and coaching for competition. Fantastic value as far as I'm concerned.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    77.00 monthly. i use it 5-6 times weekly. they offer four pools. four water slides. steam baths, 3 whirlpools, 2 saunas. rock wall, racket ball and squash, 2 basketball courts, 180 exercise classes of all kinds per week - yoga. palatis. cardio deck that has no sign in needed - its so big. and of course muliple free weight stations and circuit training stations. Worth every dime I invest in myself. Open 24/7
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    $95/month + masters fee ($34/month): Right now, I go at least 6 times per week. It just depends on my training schedule. I'm getting my money's worth for sure. Love my gym!
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    24 Hour Fitness- 60 per month (hardly ever but sometimes I go there for a shower)
    UFC gym - 99 per month ( 5 times a week)
    I've had gym memberships ranging from 30 per month to 130 per month in all purpose, climbing, and fighting gyms.
  • fatdaduk
    fatdaduk Posts: 50 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    £14 a month. Fantastic gym, modern, clean, open 24 hours a day with personal trainers, loads of the latest cardio and weight machines, free weights, loads of free classes and a nice atmosphere too. I really hit lucky with this one.

I'm aiming to use it 3 times per week.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    £45 for classes, small swimming pool and use of the gym 6am-10pm weekdays and 8am-8pm weekends. It's not cheap but I've been going there ages and I'm attached to it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    I haven't paid a gym membership in YEARS, but my current place of work (Fitness 19) charges members $15-$17.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,709 Member
    Options
    Free. I work out at a military gym. :-)
  • the_nerdgasm
    the_nerdgasm Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I walk/bike outside or do youtube videos because I'm poor :'(
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    $35 per month 24/7 access, free classes, showers etc. it's nothing spectacular but it's mine and I love it
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    Options
    My husband and I pay $43 for the two of us for a local gym chain. Pretty large, has four squats racks in the one we go to and free group classes. Only downside is it's not 24 hours. We go 3-4 times a week.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    $50/month. I go to a little studio gym my trainer and his wife own...most of the people there are exclusively being trained but there are a handful of us with "executive" access to open gym. my training sessions with him are an additional fee. i like going there because I'm often the only one in the gym...at most, a couple of people having a training session. it is one of the few places in town that has Oly equipment and allows you to utilize it properly...everyone my coach trains does Olympic lifting.

I try to get in 3x per week...lately it has been more like twice per week given some kid difficulties at home.

my previous gym was around $30 and was a great place as far as open gyms go...it was a locally owned placed that catered largely to weight training with only a very small cardio area. I met my coach there when he was temporarily renting space to train his clients...I moved when he moved. Having access to my coach regardless of whether I'm training with him is important to me.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    KelseyRae5 wrote: »
    I realize that the cost of a gym membership varies by location and even what type of gym you prefer.
    But what do you pay for a monthly gym membership?
    and how often do you use it?
    wondering what the cost per use is?
    Example: $30 dollars per month=$1 per day if you go every day

Thanks for your input everyone!
    30 bucks a month
    I go 3 times/week

• McClimans13
    McClimans13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    $9.99 per month, but I am cancelling it and joining the YMCA just blocks from where I live. I don't know what my cost will be there yet I have applied for financial assistance. I am on a fixed income, but if I have to pay a bit more than I was before, it evens out. No transportation costs and being so close I can just up and go.
  • boomshakalaka911
    boomshakalaka911 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    $30 a month. Hit it 6 days a week. Smaller "mans" gym.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    zero,,, I do everything free on my own, outside and inside. and burn more calories from it.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    $26 a month (that's half off at the YMCA from my employer) and I go at the least 4 times a week. So at the very least $1.63 per work out. Free spinning class, swimming pool, child care, yoga, etc. Very nice. I wouldn't go there if I wasn't getting half price though.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    $100/month, go 4-6 days a week. I like the community and don't mind the cost feeling apart of something.