what does your gym membership cost?

Options

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    $72 per month
    5-6 days a week typically
    It's a family membership though and includes 2 hrs of daycare 6 days a week for my 2 boys.
    $3 to $3.60 per day for 4 people
    It's the local YMCA and my husband likes the classes. I like the weight room and pool. Our boys seem to have a blast in the daycare. It's worth the price for my family.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I just cancelled my $10/month Planet Fitness membership. I transferred to a position at my company's full-service fitness center and they said I can use it for free. :D
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    $72 per month
    5-6 days a week typically
    It's a family membership though and includes 2 hrs of daycare 6 days a week for my 2 boys.
    $3 to $3.60 per day for 4 people
    It's the local YMCA and my husband likes the classes. I like the weight room and pool. Our boys seem to have a blast in the daycare. It's worth the price for my family.

That is a fantastic price for family membership. The Y's are great!

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    $47 Canadian plus tax, so about $50. It's open 24 hrs, has tons of super equipment and a huge range of weights. There's tanning, showers, etc. It's super clean - they have professional cleaners in every single day. I'm loving it so far. It's called Anytime Fitness. Oh, and no one under 19 is allowed - makes it worth it right there!

I had a $15/mo membership at She's Fit (off-shoot of Club 16 here in Canada), but it was pretty lame. Barely any weights, 80% cardio equipment, old machines, and almost NEVER open. Seriously, what gym closes at 9 p.m. weekdays and 4 p.m. on Saturdays???
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    $63 a month. Pool, hot tub, steam room, Zumba, Pilates, Yoga, and a tons of other classes all included. It's right next door to my office so it doesn't get much more convenient.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I've paid $280 a month to work out 4x a week w/a coach. I've had free memberships worth $90/month and worked out 6x a week. Now I'm debating on my next gym, either 24 or Crunch, with monthly either 40 or possibly 60/month, working out 5-6 days a week.
  • ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    $60 a month includes all the classes I can take. I go 5 days per week. They have lots of locations and I can go to any one I want. Right now going to thbe one that is just a few blocks from my office downtown and one a few miles from home.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I have a family membership to the Y for $99 a month. I'm usually in a Y facility six days a week, so about $4 per visit.
  • 46HealthyMe
    46HealthyMe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My gym is $10 a month and I usually go at least 4 times a week.
  • ajesmum
    ajesmum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    $0 gym membership - invested in a home gym converting storage room ; bought the equipment we need and can now wake as early as I want ; *note: free weights less expensive than a workout system, heavy bag, dumb bells, jump rope, BOB, kettle ball, dip station, chin up bar, HIIT iPhone app for cardio! Finished!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    60 bucks. My gym charges more like 70 now but I'm grandfathered in at that price. That's about as cheap as I can get in NYC. Classes are includeded-no pool
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    $30 a month, but if you go 12 times or more $9. I'm usually there 5 days a week.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Ours is $42 a month for two of us. No glitz or swimming. Just lots and lots of weights and exercise bikes/ski-thingees, and free classes -- yoga, pilates, etc.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have two gym memberships - the one near my house is $20 per month with unlimited guest passes (my boyfriend and I share). The one near my boyfriend's house that also has a gym near our offices is about $35 per month I think. He pays for it for me so I'm not quite sure how much it is but it's not more that $35.
  • sarab920
    sarab920 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    9.99 per month and my trainer is an extra 200 a month so 209.99 a month -.-
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Mom pays $20/mo for a Planet Fitness black card (I asked for a gym membership for the holidays). She is often my guest. I don't do group classes and this PF has more than the equipment I will use. It's also 24 hours and less than a 5 minute car drive away, so I can go when my insomnia is peaking.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gym membership...I run in the park and do body weight exercises at home. I used to have a gym membership when I lived in a neighborhood that didn't have a great park to run in....I was paying $110 per month.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    $310 Canadian a year = $26 a month = less than $1 a visit.
    Access to 4 Municipal rec centres ( one built specifically for the Commonwealth Games) that includes, multi pool use, 4 well stocked gyms, free drop in classes for aqua fit, circuit training, cardio/ strength/dance, etc.
    They are extremely clean and friendly.

I back on to the jogging trail and sports fields of one of them, so it is less than 5 min to get there, but I do utilise all 4 of them.

Try to get in 5-8 times a week, even if it is just a quick practice swim and soak in the hot tub soup.

Cheers, h.
  • vessiangel
    vessiangel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I prepay my gym membership for six months and it's $35 total, so around $6 a month. I am there 6 times a week for good 1-1 1/2. No pool, but all the lifting equipment that I need!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Dang...I thought my gym was cheap at 60