Do you log...

Options
What I'd like to call knick-knacks? I log my full meals and full snacks, however I found myself slipping on the "knick-knacks". Yesterday I took 2 grapes off of the vine and a sip of milk (2%) and didn't log it. I even eat sticks of gum (5 calories each) twice a day and don't log it. I just don't see the need to do all of that. Yes, "every calorie counts", however I usually eat under my calorie goal anyway and don't see the need to micromanage every little thing. Anyone else out there doing the same? Lol

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Honestly no, but I'm losing. If I ever stop losing I'm gonna tighten that logging up!
  • BrooklynApple88
    BrooklynApple88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Honestly no, but I'm losing. If I ever stop losing I'm gonna tighten that logging up!
    I hear ya. I just don't see the need to log 2 grapes, one sip of milk or even gum. It'll make me get annoyed with the app. Lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I log everything but I have a small deficit.
  • BrooklynApple88
    Options
    I guess I'm "cheating". Hehehe.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yep - every time it stings me too! :)
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    Options
    I try to account for every tiny bite and sip. Occasionally I let little things slide, which is why I tend take off about 50 calories from my recommended calories for the day to make up for this.
  • BrooklynApple88
    Options
    I try to account for every tiny bite and sip. Occasionally I let little things slide, which is why I tend take off about 50 calories from my recommended calories for the day to make up for this.

What is your recommended calories?
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yep. A bite here a drink there throughout the day can add a large amount of calories and can lead to eating more calories then I should and kind of defeats the purpose. This would actually put me in bad habits.... one bite leads to another and so on.
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    Options

What is your recommended calories?

My TDEE is around 1800 calories, I aim for about 1500 which is close to a 15% deficit. I adjust every couple of weeks based on what I see on the scale.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    You probably burn more calories chewing the gum then the gum gives you so I wouldn't worry about it. I struggle with the "knick Knacks" as well, typically I allow myself a 100-200 calorie buffer at the end of the day to account for little things like that.
  • BrooklynApple88
    Options
    You probably burn more calories chewing the gum then the gum gives you so I wouldn't worry about it. I struggle with the "knick Knacks" as well, typically I allow myself a 100-200 calorie buffer at the end of the day to account for little things like that.

That's a good way to go about it! :)

• gatorchub33
    gatorchub33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't been seeing any real results the last three weeks. I guess it's time to start logging my food in a little better.
  • Sumaire66
    Sumaire66 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I log everything, but I need to do that to keep myself "honest". It would be too easy to slip into "cheating", otherwise, if that makes sense.
  • GETU1N
    GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    Everything I put in my body now even if I have a beer
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I log almost everything, but not condiments, assuming reasonable amounts. I.e. if I have a burger, I'll log the patty, bun, etc. but I won't log if I put a bit of ketchup or mustard on it. I tend to be under my calorie goal by 100-200 calories per day anyway, and my goal is a pretty high deficit to begin with, as my TDEE is very high, so I don't sweat the small stuff.

I don't just "sip" milk, though, I'd log that, because sipping would turn into gulping fast.
  • Stacescotty
    Stacescotty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If it goes in my mouth it gets logged.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I'm more of an if it ain't broke don't fix it sort of person.

If your losing weight at the rate you want then keep going. If you run into trouble, first step is fix your logging.
  • boomshakalaka911
    boomshakalaka911 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    On a cut right now. Log everything
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Everything is logged that includes knick knacks and tic tacs.
  • Artemiris
    Artemiris Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If you feel more comfortable doing this way, I think you should feel free to do it.

But, in case you don't lose any weight for many weeks in a row, the first thing to do will be to start counting everything you put in your mouth.