Replies

• FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    $40 a month for me and the wife, Pool Hot Tub racquetball
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I joined planet fitness when they were having a $99/yr special going on.

$8/mo fits my "single mom" budget very nicely.
  • KelseyRae5
    KelseyRae5 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It is crazy how different the prices are! Although obviously some people want the free classes that go with a membership, trainers, swimming pools, or open 24hours.
    I live in a small town with only 2 choices, and I am not impressed by either of them. Hoping to move soon, but for now I might use the cheaper of the two($20 per month). It is TINY and they have limited hours they are open, but they are open when I can go.

Anyways, Very interesting! Thank you all for sharing!!!
  • KelseyRae5
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »

this. this right here is my preferred cost!! :)
  • KelseyRae5
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Dang...I thought my gym was cheap at 60

NYC is so expensive!!! It is insane the cost of some things. $60 seems good for living there!
  • KelseyRae5
    Options
    $30 a month, but if you go 12 times or more $9. I'm usually there 5 days a week.

That really is incentive to go! Cheaper the more you use it!
  • KelseyRae5
    Options
    ajesmum wrote: »
    $0 gym membership - invested in a home gym converting storage room ; bought the equipment we need and can now wake as early as I want ; *note: free weights less expensive than a workout system, heavy bag, dumb bells, jump rope, BOB, kettle ball, dip station, chin up bar, HIIT iPhone app for cardio! Finished!

I would love a home gym! But we are looking to move cross country in the next 6months. So it doesn't make sense to do this yet.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »

I wish they had that going when I signed up. :(
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    £54 and it's a crap Virgin Gym, but it's the only gym near me with a "usable" weights section. FML.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    £15.99 a month , Fitness4Less, just around the corner from my office. Big open gym with a decent weights section, with at least 2 squat racks.
    So much better than the £34.99 a month I was paying for a fitnessfirst, which had a rubbish weights section.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    This is my 4th gym in a year. This one I am never leaving.

Me and my husband pay $95 a month and $4 an hour for day care. We both go 5 to 6 days a week.

It has indoor basketball court, indoor and outdoor running track, three separate lifting sections one for the plate weighted machines, one for the pin loaded machines and a ladys only section, saunas, a kids gym for 9 and up, a huge cardio room, three pools, a boxing ring, free yoga classes, tennis and raquet ball courts (you have to pay extra to use those).
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It would be interesting to know how locked into to contracts you folks are. My gym is either £5 per session or £33 pcm with unlimited use BUT it is on a monthly basis with no contract.
    If you can't afford to go one moth or are away on holiday/business etc then you're not going so you don't pay for the month.
    He probably loses out from not getting the new year resolution crowd who sign up for a year and go twice but it's brilliant old school gym with great trainers.
  • monicarungood
    monicarungood Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I pay $20/month, I'm usually there three days a week (sometimes four), and I can bring my husband as a guest if he decides to skip the gym at his place of work for whatever reason.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    $20 bucks a month. I go 5 days per week...
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    $49.99/month for my gym plus $59/month for my Orange Theory membership (1 class/week)
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    8.99 per month at fitforless- No classes or pool but I dont care . I go 3x a week for the elliptical or treadmill and weights . The other days I work out at home
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Spike_G wrote: »
    It would be interesting to know how locked into to contracts you folks are. My gym is either £5 per session or £33 pcm with unlimited use BUT it is on a monthly basis with no contract.
    If you can't afford to go one moth or are away on holiday/business etc then you're not going so you don't pay for the month.
    He probably loses out from not getting the new year resolution crowd who sign up for a year and go twice but it's brilliant old school gym with great trainers.

We aren't locked into any contract, but if we leave and want to come back we have to pay the $200 sign up fee again.
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Spike_G wrote: »

I have to give 30 days notice to cancel. It's $50 to sign back up but January and September they always have specials to waive the joiner fee. No long term contract
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    41.00 a month. Gold's Gym New Yawk!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I don't currently have a gym membership, my husband does though. It's a very basic gym, open 24/7 not always attended by staff. A year long membership was $250. He goes 3-5 times a week, usually after midnight when there are maybe 2 other people there. All in all, a really, really good deal.