Delicious Pizza Substitute

Options
bksteve26
bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
Hey guys...just had a phenomenal lunch and thought I would share.

Just preheat your oven, take a healthy life whole wheat english muffin, spread some spaghetti sauce on it (i used classico tomato basil which worked out great), put some peppers, mushrooms, and onion on top, and then sprinkle some shredded cheese on top of that and bake until it looks like the kind of pizza you want it to look like.....mmmmm....

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Yes...I do this a lot, sometimes I use flat out wraps and they are pretty good! So when are you going to Vegas? I'm going in late April/early May so trying to get in tip top shape for that! :)) I love Vegas!
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I believe i'll be going in June...I know i'm going to be there in August, but I'm shooting for June as well!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing but use a pita round. I split it in half so I have two pita rounds. Awesome pizza!

Christine
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    My mom used to make this for me when I was a kid. I totally forgot about it! I just may have this tomorrow, yummm!
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    My mom used to make this for me when I was a kid. I totally forgot about it! I just may have this tomorrow, yummm!
  • christieb143102
    christieb143102 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i use a tomato slice! yummmo
  • blankcanvas
    blankcanvas Posts: 177
    Options
    Also, what I make alot, lightly toast two slices of light bread, put them on a toaster oven tray add a slice of munster cheese on each, sprinkle with garlic salt and oregano, then broil till brown n bubbly (my toaster oven takes 7 min) OMIG...it's sooo good..and you don't even need pizza sauce. My son loves them and he doesn't even have to diet...
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    When I need more calories, I use a plain bagel :) I use Contadina Pizza Squeeze for my sauce and throw peppers on mine!
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Going to try this
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    1960's school lunches. They have come back?!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Done it too! Tasty but not filling at all for me :(
  • Rtrtiff
    Rtrtiff Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower crust, light cream cheese with hidden valley ranch powder mixed in it top it with raw chopped cucumber, tomato,broccoli, black olives and if you absolutely have to you can add bacon bits and a little bit of shredded cheese .... My mom called it pizza so we used to eat it like crazy and its wonderful !!!