Need motivated!!!!

Options
I am trying to lose weight and I have a lot to lose I get discouraged easily so any tips , advice or encouragement would be appreciated!!!!!!!!

Replies

• lmvrbaby
    lmvrbaby Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was the same way, after a couple of weeks I would give up. But I started doing zumba at my own home and love it. I try to give my self one day of not doing it but then I miss it. I walk 20 minutes twice a day and then do 20 minutes of zumba, or more depending on how tired I am. Try it, everyone I know that has tried it has loved doing it.
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    It took awhile to put the weight on, it will take time to lose the weight. Be patient and persistent and you will succeed. Good Luck!:smile:
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    One day at a time....and sometimes, on meal at a time. You're on a great site for motivation and inspiration. Hang in there. You can do this!!!! :happy:
  • purpl3sox
    purpl3sox Posts: 38
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbXgQqbOoU

Watch this. Every time I do it gives me all the inspiration I need.
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose as well. keep it up and it will come off.
  • aknight420
    Options
    I am confused. I am trying to eat 1200 calories a day and exercise. I have weighed myself for two days and no weight loss. :( I know it should take some time but I am confused about caloric intake when I exercise. Do I add more calories after exercising? Seems like that defeats the purpose of the exercise. However, I have heard if you dip below 1200 calories your body will go into "starvation mode" and you will not lose as quickly. Is this a myth? I have read some posts about the misleading idea that you add exercise and then you have extra calories. One MFP member said she doesn't add the exercise to her daily totals and watches her calories that way. What do I do and why won't the scale move? Thanks!
  • delmolinoe
    Options
    You could be retaining water. Try to eat less salt.
  • aknight420
    Options
    Thanks so much! I will look at that. :)
  • Kelwi82
    Kelwi82 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have a long way to go too - I have been on here for 1 week and lost 1lb. It may not be a lot but it crept up on me so as long as it is now going down the scale I will be happy!
    I have added exercise in every day too - lets face it housework an chores count and I don't know many people who have none of them to do!! Don't deny yourself, just choose a lower calorie version of what you wanted! xxx
  • aknight420
    Options
    Good luck to you! I guess we all have to remember we didn't put this weight on overnight and it is not going to come off overnight. We just have to keep it up and sooner or later we will start to see changes.
  • MasterPlatz
    Options
    I found that taking my aggression out on a 185 pound heavy bag at my local Boxing Gym has kept my interest levels high and the trainers there......welll.....let's just say they keep me motivated and moving towards my goals. A couple of things that my coaches recommend:

1. Eat 5 small meals every day. (So if you have 1500 cals, then try to break the meals up into 300 calorie meals)...This will boost your metabolism and help you burn more calories.

2. Make sure you are exercising at the highest intensity possible. For me, going to a gym and lifting weights or running on a treadmill simply was not enough to keep me going. My wife and I go to separate gyms, but we both do heavy cardio and resistence training utilizing the classes that the gyms offer. Of course mine is specifically boxing.

3. Keep your salt intake at a minimum! You'll be schocked at the amount of Sodium in prepackaged foods, canned foods, etc...try to eat fresh veggies, fruit and lean cuts of meat. Leave the salt and butter alone. Mix in some Ms. Dash or Ground Pepper.

4. Watch the carbs that have a high Glycemic Index (GI)....White Bread, White Rice, Potatos, etc...Substitue a Sweet Potato, Brown Rice and Whole Grain Breads...but go light on the breads

I hope these tid bits help!
  • vannabana
    vannabana Posts: 10
    Options
    I am the very same way, I have a lot to lose and I get discouraged easy. I don't have much support but this site so that makes it even easier to stop trying for me but when I look at myself in the mirror and see what I have become it gives me the motivation to keep trying. I have quit setting unrealistic goals for myself and just have set small goals one at a time and when I reach it I set another one that seems to help me. I used to be one that said ok I'm losing 100lbs in 6months and never reach it and give up, now I say I will lose 20lbs and do what I can and reset. I have started working out with a personnal trainer 3x a week and I finally feel good and that makes me keep pushing through. This site will give you the encouragement to get through the tough spots just don't give up and you will get there!:happy:
  • emmyDOT
    emmyDOT Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey there,
    I am sure that other people who have posted in reply to you have said this, but you can get through this, and you know why? Because we are here for you cheering you on all the way till you reach your goal, and we will still be here for you if you need the support to maintain it. Because we understand that it can be difficult at times, and stressful to the point where you just want to give up. But with the right state of mine it can, and will ;) be achieved!
    So what is the biggest reason for you wanting to get into shape? Keep it in mind! Let it be the main factor of all this work. And make sure you keep your own well-being in mind as well. Because you need to watch out for yourself, make sure you car comfortable with everything, and don't push too hard, just slowly progress forward. Remember it is the tortuous that wins the race not the hare (and by that I mean going at your own pace will allow you to stress less and you might be able to achieve more. Don't do barely anything everyday, just a moderate amount).

I wish you all the best of luck :)
    And I know you can do it !
  • missysayne
    Options
    I did just get the at home zumba set and I love it !!!! It's keeping myself doing that I have a hard time with
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! just remember "one day at a time"! If you look at this as one big picture you will find yourself giving up before you even get started. Just focus on today and beofre you know it you will reach your goal! Best wishes. This is a hard journey, but use us for motivation and support. We will be there for you!!
    Shelia
  • missysayne
    Options
    Thanks everybody for being so supportive and for all the great tips I think this site will help me stay on the right track
  • aknight420
    Options
    Do you use I Can't Believe it's Not Butter Spray? I have only been at this a week, but I started using it. I am now thinking I need to look at the sodium levels in it when I get home. I have lost 1 lb so far.