Myfitnesspal

Options
To all those who have used myfitnesspal for sometime and are very familiar with it, kindly view my diary and see if am doing the right thing i.e login food. Comments and suggestion are welcome

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,702 Member
    Options
    Caveat: I'm no expert, but have been doing this for a couple of months.

If that's truly everything you ate (including things with calories that you drank, condiments, and any oils used in cooking), and the weights for each item come from weighing it on a digital scale, it seems fine, in general.

The one thing I question is the "generic dinner rolls". The database entries for prepared foods that are labeled "generic" are often not very accurate. If I prepare a food, I'd put the recipe in MFP & know a more precise calorie count, or if I bought them in a package, I'd look for the specific brand. If I had to guess, I'd guess high - that is, pick a database entry for rolls that is on the high-calorie side of what's in there, just to be safe. But maybe that's what you did.

I like to log water (or similar non-calorie, non-diuretic beverages, too, just so I can look back & see how I'm doing). If it were me, I'd eat more vegetables and fruit to get vitamins & minerals & such, but I'm a vegetarian, so that might not work for you, or perhaps they're not readily available to you.
  • siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    It's quite good, you are weighing everything in grams, the best way.
    I see some entries that should be weighed as well - if it's possible and that is not you eating out - like slices of bread and pizza, hamburger rolls and chicken wings.
  • mfchilambi
    mfchilambi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much.....will weigh those as well.l am grateful Silurdae
  • mfchilambi
    Options
    AnnPT77....thank you for your comment and you are right. I have been having problems with loging in some foods and end up using the Generic option. I will work on that...however how do l :'( log a food prepared from home I.e vegetables and l dont know the actuals for its macronutrients..help
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,702 Member
    Options
    If I made a food at home, I weigh the ingredients, put into MFP as a recipe, then weigh or measure potions. If someone else made it, I do one of 2 things (1) make my best estimate of amounts of each ingredient in the portion I ate, and log those, paying special attention to include high- calorie ingredients like oils, or (2) if it is a common type of dish, with multiple entries in the database, I may look at those entries, pick one of the higher-calorie entries to be safe, and log my portion size. If I don't know what's in it, I may ask in a polite way, such as "this is delicious, did you use olive oil?" or even ask for the recipe.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    It could be worse but it could be a lot better.

But the main thing is you are not eating enough. Really there is nothing to be gained in the long term by eating so few calories day after day. Fast weight loss usually ends up in a rebound of uncontrollable appetite. Over about three months it ends up wtih a slower metabolism too. I mean it will slow anyway with a calorie deficit but the bigger the deficit the more slowing you will experience, that means slower weightloss and or, less food you can eat to maintain stable weight.

Also there is no point in counting grams of sugar in mfp unless you are a diabetic. Most of the sugars you are eating are not unhealthy for the average person.

The only sugar you need to specifically restrict yourself with is refined sugar and the less you consume of htat the better.

You should eat more fruit and vegetables.

Ideally, it would be better to try to spread your protein evenly over all your meals but its not critical.
  • mfchilambi
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your contribution.Will definetly make the necessary changes