My 8 day progress . Do you see the difference? (Pictures)

Options
Elizabeth1515
Elizabeth1515 Posts: 26 Member
edited September 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
3f916ytnyyve.png
6hc9zual6dtq.png
So I've gone a life changing lifestyle because I was sick of tired of all my excuses and just wanted to be normal so I took things into my own hands . Last week Monday after seeing a ugly photo of myself o was upset and that was is for me . I started at 15 stone (210) and now I've gone to 14 stone 8lbs (204) in 8 days from eating clean and exercising.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I don't see any difference.
  • Elizabeth1515
    Elizabeth1515 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't see any difference.
    The photo didn't update it has now.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Still no for me.

Frankly, anyone expecting a visible difference in 8 days needs to re-evaluate their expectations.

That said, sounds like you're on a great start on your journey. Don't mean to dissuade you from continuing. Just that weight loss isn't an 'instant gratification' type thing.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Still no for me.

Frankly, anyone expecting a visible difference in 8 days needs to re-evaluate their expectations.

This.

Take comparisons every 30 days or so. 8 days isn't enough time. Stick with it though!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Patience. :) It took me about a month and a half before I could just begin to start seeing small changes. Another month before it was more easily noticeable and another month before I noticed my clothing was starting to get a bit less snug.

8 days is only a week, so you really need to give it more time.
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    I see a tiny bit of a change. Buuuttt...GIVE IT TIME. It is probably water weight that came off this time, you may even lose a significant amount next week as well (probably mostly water weight) your weight loss will slow down.

With that being said, great job for making the decision to become a healthier you, and you have done fantastic so far...but just remember , slow and steady wins the race :) Good luck!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Still no for me.

That said, sounds like you're on a great start on your journey. Don't mean to dissuade you from continuing. Just that weight loss isn't an 'instant gratification' type thing.

Cosigned.

• minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Try 8 months, 8 days is not enough time for even the most sharp eyed of us to see a difference.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    8 days progress will essentially show nothing. Try 4 weeks, then 8, etc.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you're coming from!!! Any time I start counting calories to reach my goal weight (I normally hover 7-9 lbs over my goal most of the year but like to get down to it for vacations twice a year), I notice a good difference in the first week! Most of what you're seeing may be water weight/non-bloating if you've started eating healthier foods, but that is a great motivator!!! The other posters are all correct, in that it will take some time to truly see a difference, so don't let this first week give you the wrong idea. You will not lose weight as "quickly" every single week, so don't get disheartened. Keep up the good work and update us all soon!!
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    8 days progress will essentially show nothing. Try 4 months, then 8, etc.

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You're doing great, well done :)

For me - it took at least 2 months before I started noticing minor changes. Give yourself a bit longer and re-visit the 'before' picture and you'll really surprise yourself. I'd suggest taking monthly measurements as well! Keep up the good work!
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    8 days progress will essentially show nothing. Try 4 weeks, then 8, etc.

This. I'm afraid i don't see any difference in the pictures, but it won't be long, keep it up :)
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't see any difference at all? 8 day's is way to soon to notice anything. Keep going you will get there. :smile:
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    8 days is too short a time frame. Try 8 weeks and we might see a difference.
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Keep taking progress pics and give it more time. And just because we can't see a difference via a picture doesn't mean there isn't a difference in how YOU look and feel. Also, I can lose 5lbs and see a difference because I am petite (only 5' tall). Be proud of yourself and KEEP GOING!
  • SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I might see a minor change, but try not to do comparisons in such a short time. In my experience it can be disheartening. It's much more motivating to look for changes when they're going to be more noticeable.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I don't see a difference.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what we think. Do you see a difference? Maybe in your skin, a little extra stamina, a little extra room in the waistband?

Do this 8 days 8 more times and then take a picture. You'll be very happy.