53.6lb weight loss

Options

Hi MFP's i have lost 53.6lbs so far, i'm 5'3 and my CW is 168.6lbs size 12-14 pants. My highest weight "first pic" was 222lbs size 19 pants!!! & My goal is somewhere between 145-135lbs. However I am running low on self-motivation and i am still 20 to 35lbs away from being in my "Healthy weight Range" because i just want to be healthy ...so if you have any helpful advice or inspiring words of wisdom ...please share or send me a friend request ...thank you! :)

6cf34hj0kgou.jpg
nb1rp08xy5hh.jpg

Replies

• Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing! You look stunning, you have done such a great job! Keep up the awesome work!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Don't stop now, you are doing great! I'm feeling a bit of that as well. I've also lost53 lbs and haven't lost anything in a month but the 3 lbs gained from vacation. Don't stop though, you've put a lot of work to get this far and imagine how much better you'll feel when you are done! We all have moments though, just keep going!
    You look great!!!
  • denisemc1407
    denisemc1407 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! A beautiful woman was hiding underneath that extra weight!!!! WOW!
  • rdrettig1
    rdrettig1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! You are so close! Keep going!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, and so happy. Think how much better you'll look and feel when you get to goal!
  • becky53012
    becky53012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Beautiful girl! You are doing great! I find that if im low on motivation I make myself exercise anyway, once I start I feel better and push through. We can rock this!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @bowermanbrittney you have done an awesome job. It is hard to tell you are the same person in the photos.

I know you want to keep going NOW but I have something for you to consider. Please consider just maintaining for 6-12 months at the NEW YOU level and give your body a chance to readjust to your much lower weight. This will take some pressure off of you right now and soon you can make a new photo in front of the 2015 tree and another in front of the 2016 tree.

Our bodies can panic when we lose more than 10% of our body weight making it harder to continue to lose but you can google that if you want more details.

If you maintain your great loss at this point for 6-12 months then you should be able to do it for life when you get to 135. This is coming from an old man that has yo-yo'ed for years and knows how a large loss often is followed by even a larger gain just like in the stock market. Yo-yoing is a real health "killer" I have learned the hard way.

If my suggestion does not make sense then just ignore it please. It is exciting to see young people like you addressing eating life styles before you wreck your health as I did.
  • becknomad
    becknomad Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I read a great post recently that really inspired me. I think it said something like this:
    I have 3 options.
    In 1 year I can
    A. Weigh less than I do now.
    B. Weigh the same.
    C. Weigh more.

C is not an option.
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    In your second photograph you look great and genuinely happy (and pretty hot :) ). You have already achieved a great deal.

Your loss will inevitably slow down a bit as you have less to lose but keep going and you will get there.

• luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! This transformation is worth fighting for when it gets tough. Keep going!
  • Lola2248
    Lola2248 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    well done to you. You look fab
  • grwrn
    grwrn Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation and an inspiration. Keep it up!
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look like a different person.
  • MissMelissaLAT
    MissMelissaLAT Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow youre doing such a good job!
  • determined2bfit13
    Options
    Great Job! You look so beautiful. Don't get discouraged just keep going. I'm not sure what you've been doing but
    I'm thinking maybe give your metabolism a boost and try different workouts with more intensity and weight training. My trainer tells me that the more muscle you have the more fat your burn.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You look great, and awesome work so far. I know how you feel, it can be hard to maintain momentum for such a long stretch when we have so much to lose (I'm still only part way through my journey as well). What I've done, and what you could try, is just give yourself permission to maintain for a little while. Sit back and appreciate how far you've come. Continue to track accurately, and when you are ready, you can drop your calorie goals again and try to lose some more. It's good to take a little mental break from the constant pressure to lose weight sometimes. It's a marathon, not a sprint, so a plateau here and there is not really a problem. Just remember to remind yourself that YOU'VE LOST 53 POUNDS AND THAT IS AMAZING anytime you are feeling a bit frustrated or unmotivated. :smile:
  • AbbottJames
    AbbottJames Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • yokohama041965
    yokohama041965 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!