Hey I'm new here and have a question

Options
sheilavan
sheilavan Posts: 10 Member
when tracking food, is there a way to click on a smaller amount? As in Grapes for instance - the smallest amount is a cup. I don't eat that many at a time - generally. Also on other fruit, seems like the portion sizes are too large for calculation. Was clicking on butter yesterday and it was also a bigger portion......which was the smallest amount to select. Thanks for help on this!

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    you can change the number of servings, so for your blueberries, you could enter .5, .25, or whatever cups.
  • lmvrbaby
    lmvrbaby Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    yeah in the box where it says the portion like 1.0 and it says a cup make it .5 for only half a cup. I have to do that with fruit cause you never eat just what they have. Good luck and if you have more questions throw them out here, everyone is willing to help each other. Good luck on your journey!
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is just adjust how many servings you have....for instance it says that 1 cup of grapes is what MFP has and you only ate 1/2 cups of grapes then change the serving to 0.5 or half a serving and it will record accurately...hope this helps
  • theresabell67
    theresabell67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    you can change the number of servings, but i also weigh my food. especially with things like grapes, apples, etc.
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Since others have answered your question I thought I would just say welcome. You can add me as a friend if you want. Wish you much success on your weight loss. MFP is the place to be. :D
  • francinecowart
    Options
    wow didn't know all that:) i just write what i eat in the notes at the bottom...my doctor said to log everything exactly as i eat it, cause i'm like you...i only eat say 4 grapes at a time, etc.....those were good ideas to...
  • thisisme33
    Options
    you could also just add in quick calories if you know how many calories you had or you can create your own food to remember for later with the correct calories of the serving size you usually eat.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Also, if you don't already have one, buy a digital kitchen scale. One that has a mode of ounces/lbs and grams. It is a much more ACCURATE way of measuring than say a half cup of grapes. An average grape is 5 calories, and weighs x number of grams or . something of an ounce. - well a half cup can be 15 grapes, or 10 or 20, depending on size. Weight is a much better/accurate measure if you are looking for the best outcome.

Good Luck
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    You can change the quantity by "erasing" the portion and putting in your own. For example, if it says 1.5 serving, you can go in and change it to 0.5, or whatever is best for you.
  • sagurl2010
    Options
    hi there, once you have added it you can then click on it and change how much you had
  • sagurl2010
    Options
    ooops sorry didnt see all the replies already lol
  • sheilavan
    sheilavan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! You've been very helpful! Don't have much to lose but noticed since I'm in change of life it's somehow easier to put on a few pounds. ughhhh......but I love MFP. My 20 year old daughter told me about it! Thanks again!