Tricks to ditching inner thigh flab?

Options
I run. A lot. While the rest of my legs are looking good- that inner thigh jiggle does not. HELP!

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Add a total body weight training workout to the mix and give it time. thats a hard area to get rid of.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I would have suggested running, but that hasn't helped you. It may be that that is just where you store fat. I hang on to it round my middle. I have a horrible flabby tummy, but not an ounce of fat on my legs or hips. I guess we are all different.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    come down in a sumo squat- with your legs further than shoulder width apart (kinda wide) point your feet/toes outward. and clasp your hands in front of your chest. Now do small and light jumps. I got this from 30 Day shred, and it burns the heck outta my inner thighs.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    spinning? My legs toned up dramatically the last 2 months of spinning. I spin twice a week.
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    Lunges and squat jumps.
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    Try working your hamstrings more- the sumo squat (as previously mentioned) is good for that. As well as doing a one leg ball bridge. Lay on the floor with your hips at a 90 degree angle, and your knees at a 90 degree angle resting on a stability ball. Lift one leg off the ball, raise hips, pointing toes toward ceiling- then continue to dip hips back towards ground and raise them again. Do about 15-20 reps per side. It will also build your core strength by using the stability ball.
  • NBFIT
    NBFIT Posts: 79
    Options
    Thanks for posting & to everyone who replied. I have the exact same problem! I hate it!
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas. I have the same problem..hopefully these help.
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    For me, I focused on stretching my stride as far as I could while walking, focus on l..o..n..g.. smooth strides, I didn't have an ounce of jiggle! (Thighs are my enemy too) Long muscles are thinner then short tight muscles (think kung fu master vs sumo wrestler) =D

Also any yoga / pilates moves that require you to stretch out your legs. Stretch, Stretch! =) (which is what everyone's suggestions are) I am going to try the leg ball bridge move, sounds great!

I had a harder time with spinning (and bicycle riding) as my thighs tended to bulk up (they were tight, but not lean)
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    come down in a sumo squat- with your legs further than shoulder width apart (kinda wide) point your feet/toes outward. and clasp your hands in front of your chest. Now do small and light jumps. I got this from 30 Day shred, and it burns the heck outta my inner thighs.

Great suggestion! I was just wondering this same question last night and I will totally be adding this exercise into my work out tonight. Thanks!
  • ToeTapN
    ToeTapN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Erin O'Brien's Strong Body, Ageless Body leaves my inner thighs burning the next morning every time. I love her!
  • tejoman
    tejoman Posts: 12
    Options
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SPOT FAT REMOVAL! Lol

That flab may be particularly hard to get rid of because (if you run a lot) I'm assuming you have a low-ish bf %. If it is flab you can keep on running or try a meal plan for a short time called carb-cycling, here's a link http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/carbcycling.htm

If it is not fat/flab it may just be excess skin, that tends to tighten up over time, but it is possible it may not :(

Keep up the good work!
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    I'm sorry, but the whole "no spot-removal" thing does not make sense to me. Reason being, fitness experts say that if you tone and build muscles, it burns the fat around it faster. Isn't that kind like spot-removal?? So I believe that if you work one part of the body, the muscle will form and therefore you will have less fat.
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    bump