Help?

Options
Anyone found a good way to curb hunger at night.. like im good all day.. get home and i just feel the need to eat constantly.. even while im cooking.. help! i need to know what yall do?

Replies

• bragz
    bragz Posts: 22
    Options
    How long have you been dieting? I was the same way but the urge went away after a few weeks. Was just a matter of getting my body use to the new routine.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    So it will go away? Not long.. im a notorious hit it hard for three days.. then stop.. so im trying to change that.. and i feel that this is my weakness..
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Eat something high protein like Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with fruit. Protein and fiber will help you feel full, and it's great for boosting the metabolism.
  • jackiekjames
    Options
    I agree, I was the same way when I started...i would do great all day and when I got home I blew it...what helped me was exercising at night. But it really does get better in a few weeks. I actually managed to go a week or so without eating after dinner and I actually lost weight -that was a huge motivator for me. It really does get easier as your body gets used to that routine. Hang in there!
  • banjjo
    banjjo Posts: 89
    Options
    I have a hard time not eating while I'm cooking too. I just try hard to do it in moderation and add it to my calorie limit. One thing that works for me is sugar free jello and pudding. It feels me up and gives me a sweet treat at night. Don't know if it will work for you but it's worth a try!
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    How many meals are you eating throughout the day? If you are eating 3 large meals, maybe you could try splitting that up into 5 or 6 smaller meals, and spread them out throughout the day. If you are feeling the need to snack, why not try drinking water or chewing gum, to occupy your mouth but without the calories or other setbacks to your diet?

When you are starting a new routine, it is easy to cave to the temptations, but once you have a regular routine, you should stop feeling the urge to snack. Is there any way you can prepare your meals a little earlier throughout the day, or snack on an apple or orange if you feel really hungry?

Snacking is okay sometimes, just try not to eat too late at night close to bedtime, and try and make healthier choices. You will do great, just remember we are all in the same boat, most of us have experienced similar temptations and situations, so if you ever feel like you are going to snack, or are encountering any other setback, just come here! You did the right thing by asking for help and hopefully things will get easier for you soon! :)
  • guapa68
    guapa68 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    if you are really desperate drink a big glass of skimmed milk or a yogurt , I dont think there is any problem with chomping through raw carrots , peppers etc. while you cook, they never made anyone fat :) just make sure you dont reach for the bread and cheese! And as the others say it will get better in time, good luck
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Spread your calories more throughout the day so that you can save some for a snack at night. Or...drink a lot of water at night, brush your teeth, chew gum, something to keep your mind off food.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Ugh! It's so hard for me not to eat after dinner. It's probably (very liekly) that it's because I'm bored. I'm all rush, rush, rush all day then I don't know what to do with myself when I sit down at night.
    If you want to eat all the time, then yes, your body will get used to a routine - you just have to stick to it. As for eating at night, I've heard to drink water or tea or chew gum. I think I might try doing some light exercise at night.
  • DarthCeltic
    Options
    thanks! i hope i really need to lose this weight!
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    If I have enough protein and fiber in my diet, I never have this issue.
  • klc44
    klc44 Posts: 1
    Options
    This is my worst time for cravings, too. Make a list of items you can do instead of eat and post it on your refrigerator. Some things you could do instead are: take a walk, chew gum, call someone, pick a show to watch and at every commercial do a different exercise, play the wii, buy a fitness magazine, Etc. I know it is hard! Hopefully this will work for you! :)
  • DarthCeltic
    Options
    i am eating 3 500 calorie meals and 2 snacks at 100 calories..
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    I find it helpful to save some calories for a healthy snack, if I know I can have a snack its easier to stop the "tasting etc" whilst I cook. It doesnt matter when you eat the calories from a weight loss point of view its how many you eat that counts. Good luck with the munchies, they do go away after a while :smile:
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I always find that it's true your body confuses hunger with dehydration. Drink two glasses of ice cold water, and if you still feel super hungry, try a light snack that is high in protein.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I soooo have this problem.. especially when I'm cooking. I want to taste everything.. I now chew gum. Sounds dumb but it does help fight the urge to taste.
    I work out late at night so by the time I get home I'm ready to crash but if i have an early workout I'm always STARVING after. Try Protein shakes or something with high Protein.
    I also get B12 injections once a week and that helps ALOT!!!! Depending on how much weight you have to lose... In the beginning I got put on Phentermine ( Appitite Surpressants) to help me learn to control my Appitite.. I know diet pills are HORRIBLE but these are the ONLY and I mean ONLY ones I'd ever recommend.. I don't take them anymore because I've learned how to eat on my own and control my cravings They are easy to stop taking beause your Dr. can decrease or increase your dosage... Just a suggestion ... GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Options
    I soooo have this problem.. especially when I'm cooking. I want to taste everything.. I now chew gum. Sounds dumb but it does help fight the urge to taste.
    I work out late at night so by the time I get home I'm ready to crash but if i have an early workout I'm always STARVING after. Try Protein shakes or something with high Protein.
    I also get B12 injections once a week and that helps ALOT!!!! Depending on how much weight you have to lose... In the beginning I got put on Phentermine ( Appitite Surpressants) to help me learn to control my Appitite.. I know diet pills are HORRIBLE but these are the ONLY and I mean ONLY ones I'd ever recommend.. I don't take them anymore because I've learned how to eat on my own and control my cravings They are easy to stop taking beause your Dr. can decrease or increase your dosage... Just a suggestion ... GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Options
    Oops!! posted twice lol!!! Sorry Damn phone!!
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Eating many small meals and drinking LOTS of water (or decaf tea) helps me...

Most of the time.
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i am eating 3 500 calorie meals and 2 snacks at 100 calories..
    I cannt tell how big a guy you are from your pic but you may need to start with more cals then slowly decrease afte you develop good eating and exercise patterns. 1700 cals a day for a guy could be to little.:smile: