Looking for fitness friends

Options
Hi I'm looking for some new friends to help motivate me to improve my fitness levels. I already have some amazing friends on here but I feel like I could do with a few who will push me to work harder and also friends who I can give some support and motivation to.

I currently work out in the gym 2 lunchtimes a week doing calisthenics and weights
I do T25 in the evenings and have just started my second round of the beta phase
I also go to a step aerobics class followed by pilates on Monday nights just for fun really

This week I've just taken up running, and having never enjoyed running in the past I'm determined to make it work this time. I want to be able to run 5-10k by the end of the year - at the moment I'm only able to run for 5 minutes without having to walk so I've got a long way to go. this is where I need the motivation!

Would anyone like to help me? Or is there anyone else just starting out running who'd like to buddy up with me?

Replies

• cnkihm
    cnkihm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Sarah,

I've recently taken up some physical activity too! 3 or 4 days of the week I'll run for about 35 minutes. A few times a week I'll use a 10-lb. dumbbell to tone my arms.I'd like to partner up so we can be fitness buddies!
  • SparklySarah412
    SparklySarah412 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sounds great - I'll send you a friend request :)
  • huddy50
    huddy50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am coming back to the app after a long absence. I am looking for help,support and advice as well as motivation. I have recently ran the great north run and Was very disappointed with the time I completed it in (20mins slower than last time.) My aim
    Is to lose weight and get fitter, hopefully complete 2-3 runs a week and at least 1 long ride (20-30miles). My wife and a few other friend used to use the app with me but that seems to be very hit and miss at the moment. So I would like to gain support from like minded individuals.
  • SparklySarah412
    SparklySarah412 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Have added you. I'm impressed just that you did the GNR, I'd love to be able to do that one day! I'm sure your performance will improve soon enough doing 2-3 runs a week. I'm also aiming to do 3 runs a week.
  • boomshakalaka911
    boomshakalaka911 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Hey hey! Sounds like you're on the right track. Stay consistent and you will meet your goals! Just remember. If it was easy everyone would do it
  • tdiamond88
    tdiamond88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would love to help with motivation as I've recently gotten back into things. I started doing T25 again, trying in the morning but will do the evening as long as I push play that's all that matters. In addition just getting up and going for a walk whenever I can.
  • Shoad2
    Shoad2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there, ive just started on my first week of T25 and could do with extra motivation, please add me as friend if you like
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity before and loved it! I need to do it again, I've gotten down to around where I want to be but have a really hard time staying on track. I sent a request! And if anyone else wants support shoot me a req too!!
  • Shoad2
    Shoad2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the add, im really hoping to get all the way through T25