Stumbled upon MFP yesterday

Options
So yesterday I was on my step-mom's facebook page and I stumbled across a "like" for the MyFitnessPal facebook app.. After clicking away and checking it out a little,I decided to make myself a profile... Just to help shed a few extra pounds I have laying around.... So far I'm really pumped about this!

If anyone has any helpful hints or tips, please pass them on! I've never really been a dieter, but I think it's about time. Let's see if we can't get this done :)

Replies

• kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Track your food.
    Eat what you want -- justs be careful how to plan either what you'll give up for it or the extra excercise you'll do to burn it off!
    Get creative with your exercise!
    DO eat back your exercise calories--or you'll be really hungry!
    Join some groups or challenges, they'll keep you coming back.
    DONT give up, it takes TIME!
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Friend a lot of people to stay motivated and comment on their successes! MFP is a give and take program.. If you only take, no one will give. FYI.

And most imporantly, even if you go over your calories, log, log, log everything! Good luck!
  • heatherisms
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm really hoping I can accomplish something with MFP. Even if it's not my "exact" goal,I'd still like to meet some sort of modest goal. Thanks for the tips! And I'm sure it'll be a rocky start,but I know I can do it if I just TRY. :)