I can train like a beast but my diet sux :(

Options
Gonna try counting my macros. Wish me luck and add me as a fitness friend. I'll support u and u can support me. Have a great day! :)

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    B) I was like that too in my early years...and I could get good results from the gym regardless of my lousy diet. at 55...not anymore.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Me too! seriously took me a long time to get a handle on things. Here's to you finding it faster than i did;) LOL
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Me too! I surprise myself often with the things my body is physically capable of at the weight that I am, but I don't have the strength to resist a pizza or chocolate. Portion control is also not one of my strong suits.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    In the Army they preached losing fat/gain muscle was all about physical training. They never touched diet. I then took that past my days in the Army and put fat on... fast. 45 years old, 40% body fat and wondering what I was going to do. I then learned you gain muscle in the gym and carve abs with a spoon. Ding! A light went off in my head. Here I am four months later, down 38 pounds and not a lick of exercise.

I am now trying to following a version of paleo (the Wild Diet), no empty processed foods, no sugar, no grains and doing great. Looking at the macros actually makes the calories just fall into place. I must admit, I really don't look at the macros either. I know the kind of food I should eat and stay away from the other stuff. Well that and Intermittent Fasting. Can't wait to get my body fat percentage down so I can go back to exercise (my feet are shot). Started at 40%, down to 30% right now and my target is 18%.
  • angel_fire35
    angel_fire35 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The struggle is real...