Kettlebells

Options
Hi

I odnt have a HRM so was wondering if anyone know on average how many calories you burn in a 45 minute kettlebell class? I am 220llbs

Thanks

Replies

• jatbe
    jatbe Posts: 18
    Options
    I read that you can burn 1200 calories for an hour of kettlebells.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'd say probably about 400
  • curlyelm
    curlyelm Posts: 73
    Options
    ooh quite a big difference thanks for letting me know though, any experts out there?
  • KimDis
    KimDis Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would google kettlebells calories burned and you can pull up some great articles. Estimates are around 20cal/min (and if you've ever done one of these workouts you know why, lol) but I tend to lowball my estimate since I don't use a very heavy weight.

Hope this helps.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'd say probably about 400

^ I say that because in 5 minutes of lifting (moderate effort) I burnt 28 calories according to my HRM

28 x 9 = 252

If I was at a class and doing it over an extended period my HR would be higher and burning more cals (I've done classes before - but didn't have my HRM at the time).

Plus I had a peek on your profile and saw you weigh more than me so your calorie burn automatically gets higher.
  • curlyelm
    curlyelm Posts: 73
    Options
    Thaks everyone, I have just finished and that was FAB! Hard work but such a great class!

I reckon it was a similar burn to pump or spin so I am going to google and go for an average x
  • mfcampese
    mfcampese Posts: 3
    Options
    Check out the website for The American Council on Exercise, they did a study on Kettlebell workouts, 20.6 cal/min, that is 1200 /hour.