Different Types of Cardio

Options
Hey guys, I was wondering if it makes a difference which kind of cardio you do. At home I have a bike and an elliptical and put gym has treadmills and arc trainers. Which is best for burning fat and what should I am for when doing the exercises.

I found doing intervals I get my heart rate much higher at higher resistances and I can maintain a cadence of around 95rpm where as working out with a moderate amount of resistance for a long time my cadence stays around 65 and my heart rate is a steady 165 (give or take).

Replies

• gdyment
    gdyment Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Weight bearing cardio such as running will burn more than recumbent biking or swimming. A 1hr moderate run will burn more than a few 1 min sprints.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    The best kind of cardio is the one you think you can sustain and stick with for the long haul. Something you think you will enjoy and will motivate you to continue doing over and over again.
  • aspdenbrae
    aspdenbrae Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I vary my cardio so much it's hard to tell what is effective anymore but I get bored fast so I don't like to do the same thing.

That being said, after fighting the HIIT bandwagon for a while I believe it's helped me progress further.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    every day I do a different fun thing,, I try my best to burn at least 1000 a day.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    I just got finished 'washing my car' and if that is not some sort of cardio exercise - it should be. LOL! Does anybody know where to go to find out how many calories I burned if it took me an hour to do so? Thanks!
  • joshuakcaron
    joshuakcaron Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys all very helpful. I don't care if it's boring right now I'm pretty motivated to just do it for the next 60 days. Once I get past the 60 days I'm gonna tone it down a bit and make it a more realistic routine.