New person crashing party

Options
Hello everyone, my names Asha. I just found this app yesterday. I am trying to once again lose a lot of extra weight. I succeeded several years ago, and kept it off for about 8 years. As will happen, depression and chronic illness hit. I ballooned up from 150 at 5'8 to 310. About 8 months ago I got sick of being sick and decided to nake a change. I am now at 235 and my goal weight is somewhere between 160 and 145.

Right now I work 60 hours a week or more, have a 1 hour commute each way, and car pool with my father who arrives to work 2 hours before me. Needless to say it leaves little time for food prep or excersize. Luckily my job is very physical.
I'm starting this in a hope for accountability, plus maybe some encouragement.
Nice to meet you all!

Replies

• clau9734
    clau9734 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats you are doing great!
  • swathi88
    swathi88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Alasha321 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, my names Asha. I just found this app yesterday. I am trying to once again lose a lot of extra weight. I succeeded several years ago, and kept it off for about 8 years. As will happen, depression and chronic illness hit. I ballooned up from 150 at 5'8 to 310. About 8 months ago I got sick of being sick and decided to nake a change. I am now at 235 and my goal weight is somewhere between 160 and 145.

Right now I work 60 hours a week or more, have a 1 hour commute each way, and car pool with my father who arrives to work 2 hours before me. Needless to say it leaves little time for food prep or excersize. Luckily my job is very physical.
    I'm starting this in a hope for accountability, plus maybe some encouragement.
    Nice to meet you all!

Hi Asha! Welcome to MFP. I'm new as well. Have started officially today. That's very good how you went from a 310 to 235! Well done! I totally understand how you don't have enough time for food prep. I chose 1 day and cooked everything I need for the week. Chopped up all my vegetables for my salad. Maybe you can choose one day out of the week to do food prep? I have also bought some easy cut vegetables, they are a bit more expensive but saves me time throughout the week. Good luck on your weightloss. We can motivate each other:) Add me:)
    Alasha321 wrote: »
  • Alasha321
    Alasha321 Posts: 11 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I do the same, until hardcore overtime hits I get Sundays off. I prep meals then. A lot of frozen soups chili's etc. I currently can't eat much in the way of raw vegetables grrr.... did I forget to mention I work at russell stovers, the chocolate factory. Free chocolate, lots and lots and lots of free chocolate...omg. will add you soon as I figure out how!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Wow you are going well. Last year it hit me I was going to die a hard death sooner than later if I did not an eating and moving change. A year later my pain is well managed and health continues to recover. Best of success.
  • Debs16571
    Debs16571 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi asha. I'm new on here this week and have around the same amount I wish to lose as yourself. Unfortunately I sit on my bum in an office all day which doesn't help but don't work as long hours as you. I will add you as a friend and hopefully we can motivate each other
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :]
    I hope you find it useful here! There is so much support on offer so don't be afraid to reach out.

Wishing you the very best of luck hitting your targets, you can do this!