Loose skin from weight loss

Options
At this point I've lost close to 100lbs over the course of a couple years by eating well and working out. I notice that the skin on my stomach is somewhat loose, its not really that bad or noticeable unless I bend over. Any suggestions to help firm that up?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Surgery. Sorry but that's pretty much it.
  • Uibhistach
    Uibhistach Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! 100lbs! That's amazing! I've recently started losing weight and I've lost 20lbs so far but for the last 4 weeks I've yo-you'd 1lb on / 1lb off. Any advice you can give to get me past this? As for your loose skin, I don't have any experience of that except from tv's shows I've seen and, from what I've seen, I think only surgery will get rid of it? Are you in the UK? If so, I think this surgery can be done on the nhs x
  • aspdenbrae
    aspdenbrae Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Depending on age some elasticity will return but highly unlikely it will ever be "washboard." Normally I'm against anything surgical to do with weight loss I.E. gastric bypass (umm hello you're not treating the underlying cause...) but a tummy tuck after losing 100 pounds would be a nice little treat for all that hard work.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Body recomp. A few years to allow skin to rebound as much as it will. Moisturizing daily. Drink water to hydrate skin. And massage. It has helped my tummy. (I don't body recomp as of yet but ive seen results on others) and a good toning workout like p90x or weight lifting rwally helped me there.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    How much skin is there when you pinch it? Another poster on here that lost over 100 pounds says that if the pinch is thicker than the skin on the back of your hand than it's only more fat for you to lose and it's entirely possible to lose it.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue!

I noticed it when I was 'planking' at the gym the other day, my loose skin was just hanging there - I was horrified. But I adjusted to it pretty quickly. I'm going to continue to exercise, weight lift and eat a good balanced diet. It'll naturally alter to however it's supposed to be and i'll deal with that. I'm a lot healthier having the loose skin than having it filled with fat! :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    bethmaz77 wrote: »
    its not really that bad or noticeable unless I bend over.

Then don't worry about it!

How often do you see supermodels posing side on, bent over? Never. Gravity hates them too. :)

Congratulations on your amazing weight loss! Good for you!

• bethmaz77
    bethmaz77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Uibhistach wrote: »
    Wow!!! 100lbs! That's amazing! I've recently started losing weight and I've lost 20lbs so far but for the last 4 weeks I've yo-you'd 1lb on / 1lb off. Any advice you can give to get me past this? As for your loose skin, I don't have any experience of that except from tv's shows I've seen and, from what I've seen, I think only surgery will get rid of it? Are you in the UK? If so, I think this surgery can be done on the nhs x

I've hit plateaus a few times a long the way. When that happens I try to change up my workout slightly or re-examine my eating habits and measure all of my food. Just don't give up! You'll get through it. And congrats!!