finally...some success!!!!

Options
jude666
jude666 Posts: 231 Member
Last year, when i returned from a summer holiday to the Lake District with my husband, i had to go to a party. It was a very special party. It was the 25th anniversary of my drama group and it was a ball gown and tux type event. I knew what dress I wanted to wear and didn't think twice about the fact it might not fit me.

Tthe first thing i did when i got home (even before sorting the washing out!) I tried that dress and to my HORROR!!! it didn't fit. I mean i got into it (eventually), but it didn't look as good as it used to. And there was no freaking way I was sitting down in it, or breathe in it for that matter! I tried other dresses to see if any of those looked better, some of them looked HORRID and one didn't even do up! I was so disgusted with myself i actually burst into tears. I love to dress up and look nice when we go out and putting on a ballgown is an extra special event for me as I really don't get to do it very often.

I've been working hard recently, watching what I eat, logging daily, doing as much exercise as and when I can. All this time i haven't stepped on a scale (the scale and I had a MAJOR falling out not long ago which pushed me off the exercise wagon and back into the biscuit binge scenario as it refused to budge its *kitten*!) And i STILL haven't stepped on a scale and i'm not gonna, well not yet anyway. I like to judge it by how loose my clothes get.

Well, last night, i found a pair of work trousers that I hadn't worn in AGES and I really wasn't sure if they fit or not. So, i was brave, and i tried them on. ........and guess what??........ THEY FIT!! They freaking fit!!!!!!!!! I was so happy i kept trying on other stuff, dress after dress after skirt after shirt!! and... they ALL fit!!!!! Then, i remembered the dresses i tried on last year, the prom dresses. They look beautiful again. I was so excited i did a mini catwalk for my husband up and down the stairs, one of the dresses is even a bit loose on me now!!

So this means, i'm smaller than I was this time last year, and I know its gonna get better. With a little help from my friends (and Jilliam Michaels!) i'm finally seeing some changes and I am very grateful for everything MFP has shown me. Thank god for non-scale victories, i really, really needed this.

I JUST HAD TO TELL SOMEONE!!!! thank you x :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Lstrhi
    Lstrhi Posts: 132
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats on the success and keep up the good work!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Well done you - there's nothing like trying on clothes that now fit to really boost and REWARD your efforts.
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    Options
    good job keep it up
  • punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    YES! That's fantastic! You are doing AMAZING!!! X's!!!!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Congrats, great work!
  • zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!!
  • Shannibal
    Shannibal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I think your NSV will help those that are having trouble breaking away from the scale. You are doing an awesome job judging your journey by the way you feel and what you are wearing instead of letting that wretched scale determine your outcome. Keep up the good work.

By the way...you should've let us see you rocking that dress!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Good for you! :)
  • rgsmi
    rgsmi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great story--congratulations!
  • Palache
    Palache Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    NICE!!!! Great job.
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I think your NSV will help those that are having trouble breaking away from the scale. You are doing an awesome job judging your journey by the way you feel and what you are wearing instead of letting that wretched scale determine your outcome. Keep up the good work.

By the way...you should've let us see you rocking that dress!

Thanks!! and i totally agree I SHOULD have taken a pic - i am rubbish at taking before/after pics, I say i'm going to do it but I never do. I think i should, it'll be nice to actually see a difference in myself at some stage rather than just feel the difference! Your pics look amazing btw - well done you, you must have worked very hard!
  • SueEllen7
    SueEllen7 Posts: 32
    Options
    How exciting!!! Enjoy!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!