help?!

Options
Okay so my calorie goal for the day on here is 1200. It's really really hard for me to not go over this by a longshot. I work and go to school and don't have time to go home to fix anything for lunch and also don't know how to cook!
It's almost impossible to not go over 1200 so i was wondering if anyone had any good meal plans or easy things for me to make that aren't high in calories??

Thanks!

Lauren:tongue:

Replies

• laurynh925
    laurynh925 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Okay so my calorie goal for the day on here is 1200. It's really really hard for me to not go over this by a longshot. I work and go to school and don't have time to go home to fix anything for lunch and also don't know how to cook!
    It's almost impossible to not go over 1200 so i was wondering if anyone had any good meal plans or easy things for me to make that aren't high in calories??

Thanks!

Lauren:tongue:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    it won't stay at 1200 if you log your exercise
  • ClaudiaRN
    Options
    HI, I don't know what you are eating but you probably eat out and at fast food type places. this is very bad for you. there are a lot of TV dinner type meals at your local grocery store. You need to read the lables and pick ones that sound good to eat. this way you don't need to know how to cook you just need a microwave. Also start getting fresh veggys and fruits. I like little baby carrots they cost more but they are ready to eat, which means I will be more likely to eat them rather than let them sit in the frig waiting for me to peel them. Also drink lots of water, this will help curb your hunger. Just don't give up. I'm rooting for you.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I don't know if at school etc you have a microwave handy...??

Today for me 1200 calories so far have been:

Breakfast
    1/4 Egg Beaters pour into pan or Microwave?
    2 strips turkey bacon (barely needs cooking mostly warming)

Snack
    8 almonds and 1/8 cup cranberrys put in a ziplock bag & eaten on the go

Lunch
    1 Turkey tenders/ stuffing & cinnamon apples Lean Cuisine (under 300 calories) Microwave

Snack
    100 calorie pack m & Ms

Dinner
    ? Maybe microwave a 1 cup of soup (progresso light)

Snack
    MORE M & MS

Hope this helps! (sorry I started this msg at lunch and got interupted had to add the other snacks)
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options

Breakfast

Snack

Lunch
    1 Turkey tenders/ stuffing & cinnamon apples Lean Cuisine (under 300 calories) Microwave

Dinner

Hope this helps!

How do you do that??? OMG I would starve on that little bit of food! What is your weekly weight loss goal? Mine's only 1/2 lb per week. I wouldn't make it past 2pm on that allottment!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

Breakfast

Snack

Lunch

Dinner

Hope this helps!

I don't think this adds up to 1200 calories.

I know you don't cook but get a cook book and learn.

Here is what I eat

2 whole eggs and piece of fruit

String cheese & V-8

Bowl of soup or lean pocket, veggies

Pretzels & yogurt, or piece of fruit.

Grilled chicken, 1/2 potato, ton of veggies

1 cup air popped popcorn
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Exercise to earn more cals

eat lean meals
    loaded with veggies

meats that are good are pork and turkey and chicken

this leaves a lot to the imagination

try using wraps instead of sliced bread

cut down on snacking and maybe have a protein shake for breakfast?
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I had to do something for the boss so I'm back to finish my thought.

You can earn more food by exercising. I don't want to hear you don't have time. My husband and I both went to college at the same time, we both worked full time and went to school full time. Then we had a baby while doing this and I still found time to exercise. So get some exercise in, even if it's just a quick walk on campus.

Okay back to what to eat. Here is how I split my calories up through out the day, to help me keep from snack on extra food or getting hungry.

Breakfast 150 to 200 calories (I try to have eggs, cause they will keep you full longer than anything else)
    Am Snack 100 to 150 calories (generally I will have a cheese stick with fruit or a small V-8)
    Lunch 150 to 250 (typically I have homemade soup at lunch, I will make a big pot sometime during the week and freeze left overs in individual portions to eat at lunch, sometimes I will eat a frozen dinner or a lean pocket)
    After noon snack 100 to 200 calories (I will have something like pretzels, yogurt, Fiber one bars, special K bars, or 100 calorie snack packs, or almonds)
    Supper 400 to 600 calories (I will eat about a plate of veggies at supper and then usually some sort of grilled meat, then occationally rice or potatoes. If you don't like veggies you need to start, they are the best thing for you)
    PM snack (cause I'm a snacker) 100 calories (Typically some airpoped popcorn or a 100 calorie pack of cookies, or skinny cow Ice cream)

I'm a snacker and need to be eating all the time, otherwise when I do eat I over do it. This is what has worked for me. If I eat more at one meal I eat less at the next. I try to get some exercise in at least 3 times a week.

Also remember to be drinking water. And if you drink regular pop those calories count.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Turkey chili made with the 99% fat free turkey breast is really filling and low fat/calories

fresh fruit and veggies are always low cal and pretty much no fat

100 calorie packs are a saving grace for me too

Here's today for me....

breakfast - fatfree blueberry banana muffin and cantalope
    lunch - 1 cup turkey chili, light eng muffin, 1/2 cup natural applesauce, 1/4 cup shredded 2% cheese
    supper - 2 slices turkey bacon, 1/2 cup egg beaters with 1/4 cup 2% cheese, 2 slices of Whitewheat toast with spray butter, homefries and onions (well broiled with cooking spray)

I think all that's about 950 - less than 1,000 for sure

I'll add in more cantalope as a snack

I am low on calories so I think a Starbucks skinny mocha has my name on it!!!
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    my calories per day are 1550 and i usually can't eat that much during the day! I usually eat 2 eggs in the morning with turkey bacon or oatmeal, for lunch i usually have soup and sandwich or today i had some spaghetti, and for dinner some sort of grilled lean meat, a veggie, and rice or mashed or baked potato, and i'm usually right at 12 or 1300 calories
  • dark_love923
    Options
    Deffinately learn how to cook! All the sodium and crap you get from the lean cousine and not so lean lean pockets is awful for you. protien is your friend it helps your muscles to build and repair faster. If you are an on the go person make a whey protien shake, EAS has a good one use the vanilla mix it with banana, plain yogurt, soy or low fat milk and peanutbutter... or change out the peanutbutter for other fruits.

Another tip: PLAN YOUR MEALS OUT THE DAY BEFORE!! this will help you stay with in your needs.

A diet isn't something new we are all on diets its what you put into your body that makes the difference. learn what is REALLY good for you vs. what you think is good for you. and sometimes when the package says "Lean", "LOW FAT" or "Healthy" chances are they aren't as goos as they sound! Always read your ingrediences... if it says bleached, enriched or high frutioce find a better alternative!

since you can't cook and if you like sandwiches a great bread to get is " Arnold select sandwich thins" it is 2 thin slices of whole 100% wheat bread with only 100 calories! Canned chicken is good very high in protien throw some veggies in there some where like carrot sticks and beanutbutter or what have you and there you have it homeade at its finest!

Best wishes!!

Jess
  • laurynh925
    laurynh925 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I had to do something for the boss so I'm back to finish my thought.

You can earn more food by exercising. I don't want to hear you don't have time. My husband and I both went to college at the same time, we both worked full time and went to school full time. Then we had a baby while doing this and I still found time to exercise. So get some exercise in, even if it's just a quick walk on campus.

Okay back to what to eat. Here is how I split my calories up through out the day, to help me keep from snack on extra food or getting hungry.

Breakfast 150 to 200 calories (I try to have eggs, cause they will keep you full longer than anything else)
    Am Snack 100 to 150 calories (generally I will have a cheese stick with fruit or a small V-8)
    Lunch 150 to 250 (typically I have homemade soup at lunch, I will make a big pot sometime during the week and freeze left overs in individual portions to eat at lunch, sometimes I will eat a frozen dinner or a lean pocket)
    After noon snack 100 to 200 calories (I will have something like pretzels, yogurt, Fiber one bars, special K bars, or 100 calorie snack packs, or almonds)
    Supper 400 to 600 calories (I will eat about a plate of veggies at supper and then usually some sort of grilled meat, then occationally rice or potatoes. If you don't like veggies you need to start, they are the best thing for you)
    PM snack (cause I'm a snacker) 100 calories (Typically some airpoped popcorn or a 100 calorie pack of cookies, or skinny cow Ice cream)

I'm a snacker and need to be eating all the time, otherwise when I do eat I over do it. This is what has worked for me. If I eat more at one meal I eat less at the next. I try to get some exercise in at least 3 times a week.

Also remember to be drinking water. And if you drink regular pop those calories count.

i exercise daily. i didn't realize i was supposed to eat the exercise calories. i get like 500 exercise calories but i didn't know i was able to eat those. I don't drink soda either. I drink normally at least 10 cups of water.