Anyone constantly feel all over the place with motivation?

Options
It seems to me somedays I feel like nothing can stop me. I run 5 miles, get home and am still not tired so I run another couple.

Other days the act of walking up a flight of stairs seems like a punishment I can barely endure. Sometimes those feelings happen on the same day. Just the other day I felt amazing and was going to go on an epic run, but then by the time I got my workout gear on I barely had the motivation to even get out the door.

Replies

• kayrae0624
    kayrae0624 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes! I still struggle with that. But being more aware of what makes me feel those changes have helped. Often it will be my work schedule or an interaction I had with someone and if will shift my mood. Try and focus on the times that you loose motivation to find a pattern. Good luck!
  • deneenae
    deneenae Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    With food, yes! One morning I wake up feeling great telling myself I can eat within my calorie goal and by dinner I'm like "that was a hard day, I'm going to eat this yummy burger..." It's my mood that can dictate it...
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    For me, I've found it's similar to how I need to approach writing fiction. I can't wait for inspiration to hit in order to get a novel done. If I did that, I'd be even further away from finishing than I am now (as I work on several and am easily distracted).

Inspiration and motivation are fickle.

Sometimes you just have to do the things despite lacking the motivation. Other times, eh, you eat a candy bar for breakfast and move on. Don't forget the big picture staring at the little pieces and also, don't focus so much on the overall that you lose the little moments. If that isn't vague enough then we'll just settle for Nike: Just do it.

:wink:
  • sturchiok89
    sturchiok89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If I'm having a particularly horrible day it's hard to stay motivated with diet and exercise when all I want to do is not count every step and calorie and curl up and let my self be miserable. But I'd rather work out and feel better then hate myself for losing a whole day feeling sorry for myself
  • GETU1N
    GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    Mannn! You feel me
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    YESSS!! So wait, I'm NOT crazy?!
  • Lindsayannb
    Lindsayannb Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I do this so much. I'll be pumped up an ready go when I leave work t