Triumph!!!!!

Options
I have what's called Equines Deformity in both my feet. It's where your bones are pliable like snake bones. It really hurts sometimes, just poking it is like a knife is going through my foot, and one of the main side effects is plantar fasciitis, in both my feet.
So yay me!
And the one thing I really like doing, not just as exercise but for fun and relaxation is walking.
Yay again!
I also love the mental push I get when I go full blown 10 incline on my treadmill and was told I couldn't do that anymore.
Yay once again!
But after a few months of healing and back to casual walking, and the weight gain, I said to heck with this.
Invested in some good work out cross training shoes that supports the arches of my bones and does ease plantar fasciitis. Wore my special inserts and upgraded my compression sock sleeves to sports compression sleeves. Worked in my foot exercises with my workout routine and BEHOLD! Nearly a year later, I'm walking on 8 incline on my treadmill without any pain!
I limp some when the shoes and sleeves come off but the pain goes away completely when I relax afterwards.

Replies

• Artemiris
    Artemiris Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your condition and so glad that you could find a solution!
    And you motivate me to walk more, because you wanted to do it so much, even if it hurt.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You are inspirational!! Way to go!!
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Artemiris wrote: »
    I'm sorry about your condition and so glad that you could find a solution!
    And you motivate me to walk more, because you wanted to do it so much, even if it hurt.

Kudos! Walking is fun, especially outside or in a mall. ;)
  • hollynono
    hollynono Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yay you from me. You´re an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!