How much sugar should I eat?

Options
I'm 28yrs old, 78Kg (172pounds), 1.79m (5'10'') very active male with a desk job...

I was under the impression I should only eat around 40-45 grams (9-10 teaspoons) of sugar per day... but I'm finding it really hard to keep my diet under 100g. I've cut pretty much all processed sugars, but fruit always throws me off.

What would you guys recommend?

Replies

• Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    If there is no health issue why are you so concerned with it? Weightloss is about how many calories you are eating not how many grams of sugar you are consuming.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You are active and young. Keep eating your fruit and other sugars.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    If you are referring to the sugars in your diary then you are doin git wrong. Those teaspoons you are told you are allowed are added sugar. They are not sugar in fruit. They are not carbohydrates per se. They are refined sugar.

And if you are not a diabetic, you have absolutely no reason to count sugars in your diary. All that's doing is messing with your head and possibly your diet. You are far better off counting fibre.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    If you are referring to the sugars in your diary then you are doin git wrong. Those teaspoons you are told you are allowed are added sugar. They are not sugar in fruit. They are not carbohydrates per se. They are refined sugar.

And if you are not a diabetic, you have absolutely no reason to count sugars in your diary. All that's doing is messing with your head and possibly your diet. You are far better off counting fibre.

^That.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Closed diary, but two servings of fruit a day at 80g per serving need not exceed 30g of sugar and could be a lot less.
  • feelnopain12
    feelnopain12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    All depends...like i cant eat sugars at all A) aesthetically bloats B) doesnt keep me full for long enough but aslong as it fits your macros always good to add fruits :) Refined sugars dont have the same reaction to your insulin as sugars in banana, read up on the GI (y)